Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Choosing between two dfferent boosters...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:05 PM
  • 15 Replies

Please, forgive me in advance, this is my first post.

My DS is 2 1/2 and I'm going to be upgrading his current booster to one that is a 3-1. I've narrowed things down to:

Graco Nautilus 3-1 and the Britax Frontier 85 SICT.

They have very similar features and both have many very good reviews with large followings. My real question is do any of you own either of these and do you think that the Graco is a good "deal" or do you think it is worth spending (nearly) twice the amount to purchase the Britax?

Thank you for any/all advice!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HollyHawk333
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM
We just recently bought the graco. I love it! It's super easy to adjust and I feel safe with my daughter on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gracie0221
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a britax frontier for my oldest dd(she is almost 6). We choose the frontier cause my dd is bigger for her age(she is almost 50 in and 45lbs) and she can be in the seat longer. she has been in the Frontier since she was 3 she is still harnessed comfortably, but we will change it into a booster next year or so.  

They are both good seats. the Nautilus Harnesses up to 65lbs and 52 in and the frontier harnesses up to 85lb and 57in. The height is not that much of a difference, but to me it was cause my dd is tall child.

tnmommy5
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM
We have 3 of the Graco Natilus for out little ones and love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbrizzee
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I have the graco for my dd who is going to be 4 at the end of next month. She is 48 in and 40 lbs. I wish we could have kept her in the full harness longer but she fits very safely with the shoulder strap. I made sure she was safe with a trip to the local fire dept when I first noticed the straps werde too small. They weighed and measured her and made sure the seat was installed correctly with the shulder strap in the right place. She is always very comfortable. And I feel she is very safe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacie0375
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM

My son is in a Graco Nautilus in his dad's car but in a Sunshine Kids Monteray Highback Booster in mine. Only thing I don't like about the Nautilus, it makes an awful booster in my ex-husbands car. THe seat belt cuts across my sons belly. My ex is going to buy another Sunshine Kids Booster when our son outgrows the 5-point.

jbfcmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I now own 3 frontiers because I love them so much. I have heard that the nautilus is good as a harnessed seat, but makes for a terrible booster later. When car seat ratings come out every year, britax always takes the cake in all categories; the company is great and their seats do not disappoint. For 2011, the frontier was at the top of the harnessed seat category, and the booster category. Check carseat.org for ratings and opinions though, there are a lot of helpful people there.
Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM
The graco nautilus tends to make a poor booster.

The frontiet, on the other hand harnesses and boosters well.

Between those 2, I would go with the frontier.

Another seat to consider is the Evenflo Secure Kid.
thatgirl70
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM
I just got the Frontier 85 the other day. Probably would have gotten the SICT if the had more colors. We upgraded from a Britax Marathon. I just can't imagine using anything else besides Britax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kat940
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM
I live my frontier 85's I have 2. But I have a silly question. What does SICT Mean?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I like to keep my kids in a five point until about 6 so I bought the britax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)