Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 4 year old and his random jumping, shouting, etc.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

My DS will be 5 in April and for a while now, he'll run everywhere, jump, shout and squeal for no reason at all, jump on me and hug me like he hasn't seen me all day (I'm a SAHM), he jumps on his dad and I all the time for no reason even though we tell him constantly to climb up gently on us, but he'll still jump on us and shriek or squeal loudly as he hugs us tightly.  He'll also pretend he has a car or something in his hand and fly his hand around even though there's nothing in it, even when there's a toy right there next to him.

I'm getting frustrated and I don't know what to do anymore. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myloves2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Wow so I'm not the only mom. My son will be 5 in September and he does the exact same things. I've been home lately since I don't work and I will be attending my college online so I see him everyday and Its so annoying but I try my best to just stay calm and tell him to calm down and to not jump all over me at times

ardiaxe
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a normal kid to me.
gavin423
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

My DS is gonna be 5 in April too and does the same thing. I just figure it is a normal thing.

crimsonangel180
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM
My ds is three and does that. How often do you get him out of the house and running around. My do does it more on days where were stuck inside
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smtxcowgirl
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:38 PM
He's been sick for the past week w/ a mild pneumonia so yes he's been inside a little more than usual.

I know all kids are different, but my DD at the same age was so different. It amazes me how different boys and girls can be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbrizzee
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like all our kids have the same problem.... HT/PHLS....... happy toddler/preschooler home life syndrome... this is a very serious issue that occurs between the ages of 2 and 6. The symptoms may include but are not limited to, hyper actiity, uncompasitated bursts of joy, overzealus and frequent effection.... if you experiance thease or other serious symptoms please scream with frustration and than contact a friend immeadately to be reminded that you are a great mother and simply seeing the affects of such parenting skills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slayerslegacy
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM
It really bothers you that he uses his imagination instead of the toy next to him? Craziness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofryan07
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM
As long as the behavior doesn't get in his way particularly when interacting with others (even if it gets on your nerves), accept that you have a very active, outgoing child. If it starts to get in his way (ie kids shy away from him and/or he has trouble in school) you may want to look into a sensory problem. "the out of sync child" is a good book to start with. If nothing else, it will give you an idea on types of activities to do with your child. In either case, you will want to have plenty of active play time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smtxcowgirl
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Thanks. We do have an appt on Thursday with his pediatrician to talk about SPD. I've suspected it for a while now.

Quoting momofryan07:

As long as the behavior doesn't get in his way particularly when interacting with others (even if it gets on your nerves), accept that you have a very active, outgoing child. If it starts to get in his way (ie kids shy away from him and/or he has trouble in school) you may want to look into a sensory problem. "the out of sync child" is a good book to start with. If nothing else, it will give you an idea on types of activities to do with your child. In either case, you will want to have plenty of active play time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:01 PM

my son loves to do the same things. if you figure out how to stop it let me know :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)