Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is he big for his age?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
  • 14 Replies

so my DS is going to be 6 in June and compared to some of the posts i see on here about how y'all kids are 5 years old and 40-50 lbs, im like.. damn.. is my son REALLY that big??? hes almost 6 and he is 4ft and weighs 60 lbs.. he was 10lbs .02 oz when he was born and he was 21 3/4 inches long... here's a few pics.. does he look big or overweight??? his dr doesn't say anything about it, but idk if its cuz Ive never asked or what. so what do you ladies think??

heres when he was born.

and heres a few of him recently

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinners.mama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM
He looks fine..only you know if he is healthy though. Know what I mean?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM
He looks fine to me :). My son is three ad 40 pounds and almost 40 inches but his dads side the shortest kid is 6'4(bil) and he is 17 and still growing so i expected my child to get the hight gene
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CabinMommyNH
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Body wise he looks older, but he has the face of a 6 year old.

gracie0221
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

He looks fine to me. My oldest will be 6 on the 21st and she is about 4'2'' and 46lbs. she is tall and thin, but everyone thinks she is much older cause she is taller than a lot of kids her age.

corrinacs
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM

He does NOT look overweight at all!  He looks healthy : (I mean that totally in a good way).  My son is bigger too (well, skinny but TALL) so he's mistaken for 5-6 year olds all the time even though he's only 4.

Gweneveer
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM
He looks like he is perfect!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aimeeo0o21
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM

thanks ladies.. i was just wondering cuz ive had women from other groups that were talking about overweight and obeese kids tell me that my son for his height and age was severly overweight. i think they were just jealous tho! lol.

ardiaxe
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Quoting Aimeeo0o21:

thanks ladies.. i was just wondering cuz ive had women from other groups that were talking about overweight and obeese kids tell me that my son for his height and age was severly overweight. i think they were just jealous tho! lol.

Jealous? Nah, just uneducated :). Kids come in all shapes and sizes and not one is better than another.
VioletPlacebo
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM

He looks height/weight proportionate but he seems larger than most other 6 year olds I've seen. I'd guess him closer to 7 or 8. However, my references are an 8 year old that is 58lbs, a 7 year old that is 46lbs and an almost 5 year old that is 35lbs lol

Aimeeo0o21
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM

lol yeah, hes about the size of my 7 year old nephew. im 5'3 and the top of his head is even with my boobs. at his checkup for wic a few years ago they predicted him to be 6'4. he def doesnt get his height from me. lol. im scared its gonna be like on the movie BIG, one day hes gonna come out of his room and be a man and im gonna be like WTF! lol

Quoting VioletPlacebo:

He looks height/weight proportionate but he seems larger than most other 6 year olds I've seen. I'd guess him closer to 7 or 8. However, my references are an 8 year old that is 58lbs, a 7 year old that is 46lbs and an almost 5 year old that is 35lbs lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)