Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Co-sleeping, lets be honest-

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 228 Replies
3 moms liked this

How many of you co-sleep with your toddlers?  The post asking about your childs size of bed got me thinking.  I always catch heck because our almost 2  year old still sleeps with us.  She starts off in her crib, but she always wakes up in the middle of the night and I just put her in bed.  With 3 kids, a full time job and a busy life, sometimes its just easier.  Plus I do love waking up with her smiling face.  So let's hear it- how many of you sleep with your toddlers and what's your plan, if any, to get them into their own bed?

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss05
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Me. :)

AHmom103
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

My 4 year old occassionally comes and sleeps with me after DH gets up. Does that count? Other than that, both of my kids have been in their own beds from about 2 months on, because they slept better that way.

liss05
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

And yes as of late I would really like her to be in her own bed so maybe she can sleep by herself I swear if I move she wakes up. :(

CabinMommyNH
When he was an infant and being bfed he slept with me from about 3am on a few times a week. Since he stopped at 5mos he has slept in my bed less than a dozen times. If he's sick or scared I go to him. He's 3 now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy92
1 mom liked this
My daughter is 27 months. Just last month we got her sleeping in her bed BUT to do that- her bed is directly beside ours. So she can see me while she sleeps. We will slowly move her bed away from us and then in her room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Both my kids dd(10) and ds(5) still occasionally creep into our bed in the middle of the night. We have no problem with it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Mine is 17 months and still sleeps with us. I am trying to work on moving him into his room

itsm3
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this

i don't cosleep with dd unless we're on vacation.  dd moves too much and always smacks me in the face.  the times when i want to cuddle in her bed with her, she says "ok mommy, you can go to your bed now".  wah! :(

singlemom1208
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this
My 3 year old gets in my bed every night. *sigh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, my almost 3 yr old sleeps in our bed. It's just what works best so that we all get some sleep. I have 10 month old twins that sleep in cribs. I would like to try and get my oldest in his own bed sometime soon but the bed will probably still be in our room because honestly I, myself would be scared to sleep alone in a dark room so I won't expect a child to either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN