Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Go the F*** to Sleep! UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM
  • 92 Replies
1 mom liked this
EDIT--thank you everyone. We gave DS some ibuprofen before bed last night and he didn't fuss at all and has been out all night. We think he may be teething. We were both prepared to let him cry, and were so relieved that he didn't. I am well rested and happily sipping my coffee and enjoying some "me" time before he wakes up and we start our day.

I feel like screaming this at my kid right now. Bedtime has become a nightmare the last few weeks. He starts screaming 20 minutes after we put him down. We are going to let him cry it out starting tomorrow night...or if he wakes up again tonight. Has anyone else been through going-to-bed hell at around 18/19 months? What worked best for you? We have an elaborate bedtime routine, with a bath, book and snuggles. I do not feel that I should cuddle him, rock him, or sing him to sleep...he needs to re-learn how to fall asleep on his own...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OhSara87
by Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Mine has just started this & he's 22/23 months. I'm ready to pull my hair out!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashmac03
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM
9 moms liked this

Sorry but your post reminded me of the Samuel Jackson "Go The F*uck To Sleep", LMAO!  If you haven't see it you need to look it up. 

MakisMama
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:24 PM
It's ridiculous. To make matters worse, I can't comfort him...he's a daddy's boy and only wants my bf. I keep my cool while trying to get him to go to sleep, but really feel like I might lose it and just letting him cry it out would be best for all of us. We did the CIO method at 9 months and it worked like a charm. I have a tough time listening to the crying, but back them it was only 20 minutes for 2 nights and then he slept perfectly from then on (until now). Problem is that now when we let him cry it out, it's usually around an hour!

Quoting OhSara87:

Mine has just started this & he's 22/23 months. I'm ready to pull my hair out!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashmac03
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I found it!

MakisMama
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I've heard of it. Still need to check it out though.

Quoting ashmac03:

Sorry but your post reminded me of the Samuel Jackson "Go The F*uck To Sleep", LMAO!  If you haven't see it you need to look it up. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Hey,

You are right with everything that you are doing.  And what is he getting up about?  If he's scared, perhaps set up a plan.  For Caden, when he was scared of monsters in the closet, etc.  we gave him a flashlight that he could "lightsaber" the monsters.  That did really well for him :).  We told him how much monsters HATED the light.

Another tip I've heard of is giving him a toy or something he has to take care of and protect.  Taking control really helps them :).

If he's bored........well, we are a little "different" in that we let Caden get out of bed all he wants....as long as he stays in his room and is quiet.  He can get up to grab books or some of his electronic learning toys.  sometimes, like adults, they just aren't that tired :).

That's really worked well for us :).  I hope you find osmething that works for oyu guys!

Sunshine2plus2
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:27 PM

No but I have had routine since day one!

So get a rountine in line then put him to bed. Let him cry after a few mintues go in comfort him DO NOT PICK HIM UP!! then leave the room and then repeat. After a few weeks he will go to sleep all by himself and sleep all night! Good Luck!

gracie0221
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Mine is 16 months and she does when we go on vacation and come back home. I usually put her in her crib and let her cry for a few minutes, I go in a comfort her and keep doing it. It's hard and tiring and it took me a couple of weeks to get her back on schedule
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama91605
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Me to. Good book.

Quoting ashmac03:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM

LOL you need to go on youtube and listen to Samuel l Jackson read "Go the f*ck to sleep*.  I'm not big on cussing...but that thing has me laughing my butt off on the nights when my kids have me pulling my hair out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN