Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Sleeping in

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 6:37 AM
  • 9 Replies
My 2 yr old DS has been up since 5am and fully awake not interested in going back to sleep. We stopped giving him naps several months ago to try to get him to sleep through the night and be easier to put to bed but he still gets up early. We put him to bed at 9pm every night no later than 9:30 and he never sleeps past 6:30. I thought kids were supposed to sleep between 10-12 hours I can't even get 10 out of him. Any suggestions other than putting him to bed later(not an option we go to bed at 10 ourselves).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shesliketx
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 6:38 AM
Kids just do that. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 6:41 AM

my kids hardly ever sleep past 6am. If they do, it's b/c we have run them totally ragged the day before with some kind of outside activity. DS1 has some weird internal clock that makes him pop up at 6am, sometimes 5am!!!

yourpassion
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Oh my gosh, I feel your pain. My kids go to bed at 8, they were getting up at 5 or 5:30 for a stretch. Most mornings at 6. So I started putting them to bed at 7:30. They have been sleeping until 6 or 6:30. So I think they weren't getting enough sleep??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tbarnes895
by Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Never thought putting them to bed earlier might work maybe I will try it thanks.

Quoting yourpassion:

Oh my gosh, I feel your pain. My kids go to bed at 8, they were getting up at 5 or 5:30 for a stretch. Most mornings at 6. So I started putting them to bed at 7:30. They have been sleeping until 6 or 6:30. So I think they weren't getting enough sleep??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:04 AM

if my son goes to bed later then seven he will be up early but if he is down at seven he normaly sleeps till seven 

itsm3
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM

i would def try and earlier bedtime... and no he won't wake up at 430am rearing to go.  overtired kids actually wake up earlier in the morning... that's a classic overtired sign.  if he's up at 630am, he shuld be in bed by 730pm.  630am-930pm is way too long for a 2yr old to be up.  my dd is almost 4 and her bedtime is 8pm.  

Gweneveer
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM
630 is sleeping in for my kids!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I know how you feel :/. We've got the same problem wit hCaden, and its quite annoying one weeknds :(.

Some things I have done :)

WHen he wakes up, one of us just has to go downstairs.  My Dh is able to do this and he "sleeps in" on the c ouch.  Caden is a pretty calm dude in the morning, mailny watches TV and plays with toys.  He will not stray from the room someone is in (too afraid to be by himself most times).

Also, at night, we put him to bed at 9, but we give him something to do in bed, like games to play and books to read.  This keeps him up a hint longer but without bothering us.

Good luck and I hope you find smoething, because I know how you feel!

foistela
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I know it sounds strange but try putting him to be a little earlier and see if that helps.

Owner of 

Admin of Fall 2008 babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)