Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those who leave the kiddos in nursery at church

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

If your child is misbehaving how do they handle it?

So today I had the most frustrating thing happen.  THere is a particular couple who is in the nursery about once a month..........we all switch off who watches the kids.  EVERY SINGLE TIME they are in there something happens.  My son pees his pants (he is potty trained), they claim he hit the whole time, they say he was out of control.  If I walk by the nursery while they are in their the kids are all running around like maniacs and they are sitting there talking.  Every other week when it is not them I get told how well behaved he is and he NEVER has accidents.  I should mention that this couples children are CRAZY.  THey smack people, throw toys, scream bloody murder, and we always are dealing with them acting out.  So anyways today I was in Church and they come in carrying my son (he is 3 and can walk by himself just fine).  They tell us in front of everyone that our son is out of control hitting and they cant take it anymore (I can honestly say I have never done this even when their kids act out).  I wrote the policy and they are suppose to go get the parent.  WEll anyways I talked to the ladies who were in there during Sunday School and they said he was perfectly fine.  THat he was not acting out at all.  He only seems to be this terrible child when they are in there.  I have seen their daughter (the same age) tease my son and smack him across the face and so when he hits her back (which I have told him is a huge no no) they blame it all on him.  I am so angry.  I have made the decision that my child will not be in the nursery on the weeks that they are in the nursery.  My husband will stay home with the kids (I work at the Church so I have to be there).

Do you think my reaction is too much?  Do you think keeping the kids home when they are in the nursery is too much?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
yourpassion
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it needs to be brought to the attention of the dir of the children's ministry. If others (just not to single you out) are complaining they need to excuse the couple from their duties. If their child is a continued issue, their child can be removed from the nursery as well.
Good luck!!! What a pain!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linz0522
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Thats the problem.........technically the lady in that couple is the 'director' meaning she makes the schedule.  That is all.  We dont have a children's Pastor and I am the Youth Pastor.  I am thinking about bringing it up to the Senior Pastor.

Quoting yourpassion:

I think it needs to be brought to the attention of the dir of the children's ministry. If others (just not to single you out) are complaining they need to excuse the couple from their duties. If their child is a continued issue, their child can be removed from the nursery as well.

yourpassion
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM
I'd bring it up to someone for sure. It's not right for the "director" to behave that way. Not that life is fair, and if it's best for your dh to stay home one Sunday a month, then you have to do what you have to do. But her behavior I would think violates her job description. Even if she's volunteering.
Blah...good luck!!!

Quoting Linz0522:

Thats the problem.........technically the lady in that couple is the 'director' meaning she makes the schedule.  That is all.  We dont have a children's Pastor and I am the Youth Pastor.  I am thinking about bringing it up to the Senior Pastor.

Quoting yourpassion:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy053008
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM
That is ridiculous
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I think you should talk to the Sr pastor too.

Linz0522
by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 8:26 PM
So an update....

I talked to the senior pastor and my son will no longer be in the nursery when they are in there. DH will bring my kids home. The Senior Pastor completely understood. He was in the nursery today and did fine.....actually the couple that were so mean their daughter kept hitting my son and he did not retaliate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacie0375
by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 10:04 PM

My church has a  nursery but I do not leave my children in there. I do not agree with having the children seperated from the rest of the church. They need to learn from little on up how to behave during the service and my kids know what I expect from them. If they do not behave, they get taken out and we fix the behaviour and then go back in. Both of my children are very well behaved in church......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)