Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Everytime daddy leaves we start ALLLL over!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

My husband works a lot. He has too. Sometimes he has to travel for work,weeks at a time.

DS who is 2.5 has been potty trained since September 2011. However everytime he goes any length of time with out seeing DH, he regresses. he'll pee and poop his pants. He know's that it's bad and gross.

i have tried rewards and sticker boards. I'm not sure what else to do.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsLLove
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

BUMP!

mariesmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM

have daddy talk to him and remind him he needs to use the potty like a big kid

STKsMomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Does your dh have a laptop that you can skype on? Or could you make a video of dh talking or reading a story to your son?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM

:( I wish I could help. That sounds rough.

MrsLLove
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Quoting mariesmama:

have daddy talk to him and remind him he needs to use the potty like a big kid

When Daddy is here he does fine. I only have this problem when Daddy is gone.

MrsLLove
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Quoting STKsMomma:

Does your dh have a laptop that you can skype on? Or could you make a video of dh talking or reading a story to your son?

We do that and phone calls but DS get's mad at him by usually the 3rd or 4th day and refuses to talk to him.

STKsMomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Maybe only have him talk to him every couple of days? And mark on the calander or large cardboard the days until daddy comes home and let him mark it off each morning. And tell him if he makes it the whole time without an accident then he can go to the store and pick out a treat?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsLLove
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Quoting STKsMomma:

Maybe only have him talk to him every couple of days? And mark on the calander or large cardboard the days until daddy comes home and let him mark it off each morning. And tell him if he makes it the whole time without an accident then he can go to the store and pick out a treat?

That is a fanatstic idea! But sometimes DH isn't sure when he will be home for sure. take this time for instance. He's working the job himself so it'll take longer. He's hoping to be home wednesday but it could be Sunday before he actually get's home then he'll be gone again next week to another state.

STKsMomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM
For those times make a smaller amount. Maybe a week at a time? And then for each week he gets something small and if he can do it the whole time then day out with dad? I would also do some small treats at home in a bucket that if he goes a couple of days he can have. Like a cookie or cars or guys, depending on what he really likes!

Quoting MrsLLove:

Quoting STKsMomma:

That is a fanatstic idea! But sometimes DH isn't sure when he will be home for sure. take this time for instance. He's working the job himself so it'll take longer. He's hoping to be home wednesday but it could be Sunday before he actually get's home then he'll be gone again next week to another state.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbank67
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
You could also have ur dh give something (like my dh loves basketball so he gives my son his basketball) to take care of until he gets back.!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)