Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sippy cup

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have used Avent sippy cups for a very ling time b/c it doesn't or didn't leak and I loved them and my son did well with it. However recently they started leaking. I tried nubby and nuk and they leak as well.

Any suggestions. My son is 21 months old. He does know how to drink out of cup, but obviously with supervision. Any suggestions on sippy cups? I still love Avent but it leaks when the cap is on....like through the cap all over baby and clothes.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
turtle07
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

we havent used sippys in a while so im not really sure..

mariesmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

playtex we have 1 it hasnt leaked yet

Bmama1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM
The only sippy we've ever had that didn't leak was the one we got from wic but they changed their cups. :( We use the "disposable" ones now. They leak but they are easy to clean at least.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM
We use playtex. They haven't leaked yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SatyrsMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Is it that you bought a new cup/same brand and it leaked or the same old cup started leaking? We used Nuk and had no problems.

sjnaylor
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM
This:)

Quoting OBImomma:

We use playtex. They haven't leaked yet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

We used the straws with my daughter and then the ones that looked like little mugs haha.

tyler0607
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM

it just seems to leak when the cap is on....lke drips into the cap and then down the cup.  Also, the spout leaks, when you turn it over or when its on its side. I thought it was normal for the spout to leak but maybe not??

tyler0607
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM

It seems like Playtex is wha tmany are suggesting.....thanks! Can anyone tell me which playtex sippy they are using and works for them? Also, the top....the spout....is it normal to leak if tipped over or on its side?

careyphotoo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:56 PM
We use nalgene kids sippy! There in the sports equipment area of like target n some sporting stores! They cost a bit more but last my friend got me into them cause we were having the same problem you are with supply's leaking!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)