Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she wants to go to school...**update**

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
My 2 year old Dd cried for over a half hour tonight because she wants to go to school... Grandpa gave her a booking today thinking that would make her feel better but it didn't. She went to bed with the bookbag. Everytime we see a school or school bus she gets excited ("mama that's a school...I go?" is what she says) then I tell her she's still too little to go and has to wait. Then she gets teary eyed and I wanna cry...it breaks my heart.

Update: I found a school that will allow her to try the school this Thursday. If she likes it then she'll go Tuesday and Thursday mornings for $90 a month which seems pretty cheap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joshlor2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Are there any mothers day out programs in your area? That's where my kids started, around 3. It's only a couple hours a day a couple day a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05

Awww

mariesmama

can you find a preshool to send her to

MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I didn't even know that existed. Thanks.

Quoting joshlor2:

Are there any mothers day out programs in your area? That's where my kids started, around 3. It's only a couple hours a day a couple day a week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I'm going to look tomorrow after her gi doctor appointment

Quoting mariesmama:

can you find a preshool to send her to

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasKaty
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM
That's what we do, too! Johnny goes M and W from 9-2. We call it "school..." He loves it! :)

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I didn't even know that existed. Thanks.

Quoting joshlor2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelsieb84
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I had my daughter in a daycare that was a school type setting.  That may be something to check into.  They probably do an hourly thing if you don't need daycare all day.  

MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:58 AM
I'm a sahm so I don't need it at all lol

Quoting chelsieb84:

I had my daughter in a daycare that was a school type setting.  That may be something to check into.  They probably do an hourly thing if you don't need daycare all day.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcheck
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:58 AM
Our son did same thing when he was 2. He went to a daycare school setting for couple hours a couple days a week which was great for him! Since we moved he hasn't gone to school yet and everytime we see a school he reminds me he needs to go. It's cute cause in a few years they won't want to go
MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:26 AM
That's what I keep thinking...when I'm gonna want her to go she won't want to

Quoting gcheck:

Our son did same thing when he was 2. He went to a daycare school setting for couple hours a couple days a week which was great for him! Since we moved he hasn't gone to school yet and everytime we see a school he reminds me he needs to go. It's cute cause in a few years they won't want to go

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)