Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My 3 year old in OBSESSED with ears!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM
  • 8 Replies

So my 3 year old DD is obsesssed with ears.  She loves to hold other peoples ears!  If she is told no she is literally broken hearted and will sob and sometimes run to her room to cry.  I even have a pic of her in utero holding her own ears.  Is this odd to the point of being abnormal?  Or is it just toddler obsessions adn she will get over it?  Thanks!

Mom to 3 awesome kids, whose son's very special brain forgets to tell him to Just Keep Breathing.
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
StillDreaming07
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I have no clue. But it sounds harmless. I guess the problem comes in if she wants to touch a stranger's ears and can't? I think she will grow out of it..at least the crying when she can't touch them, part.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
miss_AP
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM

My 5yo loves ears, always has :) It bothered me for a little bit too just because I thought it was weird. Starting as a tiny baby she likes to hold and rub your ear...especially when she's tired or needs comfort. Even still if she is sitting on your lap she reaches up and grabs your ear. It was weird for a little bit but I like it, and its cute. I never could get her on her own ears though, sadly. When she rides on your shoulders she loves to hold your ears :) She used to cry and sob when people would say no too. When she got to be about 3 we explained that sometimes its not appropriate....and we sort of related it to hugs and kisses....we don't hold stranger's ears, and even though we hug our teachers we don't hold their ears....sort of a family-only thing. she understood that I think and caught on pretty quickly.

enjoy it...you'll miss it wen she stops!!!

PEEK05
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with her, but it is kind of funny, lol.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Kids sometimes just have weird quirks. I wouldn't think there is anything wrong.

kittyfaery
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:07 PM
My 22 month old loves ears too. He goes to sleep at night rubbing my ears. When he is really upset I rub his ears and it calms him down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Recreated
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM
My dd is like this with hair. It's cute but we are teaching her about personal space. She is 2.5. I don't think there is anything wrong with your dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:44 PM

My 4 yr old is obsessed with butts, I am told right now its normal, but after around 5 or 6 it will not be.

2Cor915
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Oh thanks for all the replies!!  Very funny too!  yes she likes to ask to hold strangers ears if she likes them and we have to explain it is not appropriate, then she gets upset.  I am happy to know there are others who have the same little quirks :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN