Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vaccines. we started the alternative schedule, my son is now 2 and my husband wants to stop with the vaccines altogether. good idea?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM
  • 56 Replies

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its a great Idea. I stopped my DDs at 2! She i 4 now and has not more than the sniffles in 2 almost 3 years.

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Alexis.
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's a great idea! I almost died from a vaccine reaction at age 5. I haven't had another vaccine since and I'm completely healthy. I almost never get sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GentleGoddess
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Lol I don't know. My first son had the first 3 bunches (whatever they were). He didn't get his 1 yr. We didn't do the delay schedule. My other 2 boys didn't get any at all. They are all now 6,5, and 2.5. I was thinking about starting spread out schedule. At least for the older 2. But I haven't looked into it further.
Why he want to stop?
Should I start?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carsonsmommytam
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I, personally, believe some vaccines are important, and some are not, therefore, we do a selective and delayed vaccine schedule.
It is all up to you. Do your research onI both sides and follow your gut! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM
We have quit all together after starting on delayed schedule...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki.hemingway
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We do not vax at all and my kids are drastically healthier than their peers here.  My kids have literally almost never sick.  They are not necessary at all.  Vaccines are fully of all sorts of chemicals and other substances like aborted fetal tissue that has no business being in their kids bodies.  The side effects are usually much much worse than getting any of the illnesses that vaccines are supposted to prevent. 

wife-4-life
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I say it's all about family preference. You should also talk to your kids drs. I know certain vaccines are required to put kids in schools/daycares. That's something to look into... Find out what's needed or required. Vacs won't prevent some things but they can help lessen length and symptoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Personally, I think it's a great idea.

foistela
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Quoting PEEK05:

Personally, I think it's a great idea.

Owner of 

Admin of Fall 2008 babies

m.leigh
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Quoting GentleGoddess:

Lol I don't know. My first son had the first 3 bunches (whatever they were). He didn't get his 1 yr. We didn't do the delay schedule. My other 2 boys didn't get any at all. They are all now 6,5, and 2.5. I was thinking about starting spread out schedule. At least for the older 2. But I haven't looked into it further.
Why he want to stop?
Should I start?

he wants to stop because it seems like it does more harm then good. Doctors seem to scare you or push you into getting vaccines, and the more we read about it the more we are leaning against it.  Hearing all about these kids who are perfectly healthy without vaccines helps make that decision to stop.  the only one i might consider finishing is the DTAP.  he has one shot left in that one, and whooping cough sounds like it is going around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)