Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Potty Training HELP!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM
  • 8 Replies

What is the easiest and best way to potty train my almost 3 y/o daughter?

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
crimsonangel180
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
To put her in underwear or naked and take her every 45 minute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohmommamia
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Encourage but don't pressure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursemc
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Going through the same thing here. I tried taking away her diapers and taking her to the potty every hour or so but dh says that's mean and puts the diaper back on her. Tried taking her to the potty every hour or so and not taking away the diaper but she just sits there and as soon as she gets back up and I put the diaper on, she pees in the diaper. Very hard when parents are not on the same page. Good luck!

PEEK05
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Put her in underwear

LML1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I'm in the same PT boat. One thing that I recommend is not to push it. I did and my dd started to get night terrors. Now when she wets her diaper at night she wakes up and cries. I feel soo bad. Needless to say we're on a potty training break. Good luck.

2Cor915
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

We just went through this.  If you push it she will push right back and then all will be frustrated.  We left dd in her pull ups, put up a chart and took her to the potty every 20-30 minutes.  Yes she peed in her pull up and yes she did start peeing in the potty.  About 2 weeks later she was fully trained.  Another FYI tip - get a potty seat and disinfectant spray that is dedicated to take when you go out.  The potty seat will keep them from falling into the gaping crevace that is a public toilet and it will give your child a sense of ownership and ecourage to use the potty.  Remember REWARD REWARD REWARD.  Punishment will only cause frustration for both of you.

Mom to 3 awesome kids, whose son's very special brain forgets to tell him to Just Keep Breathing.
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Let her run naked and put her potty in the living room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lammertc
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM

My daughter started going to daycare and that helped A LOT. otherwise I give her little snacks and treats if she goes on the potty.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN