Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Mosquitoes!!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:18 PM
  • 10 Replies
We have a huge mosquito problem in SE Texas.. I use the "sensitive" sprays that are supposedly safe for babies. Went I don't, my kids have huge red spots from a little bit of playing outside. If this is a problem in your area, how do you try to keep your kids from getting bites? Do you use the citronella candles? Any other tips?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joshlor2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Avon skin so soft by repellant works well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM
We dont have many here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM

It doesn't matter if I spray DD or not they still get her and I use the adult sprays on her. She is allergic to them ( mosquitoes) and her bites turns into welts that takes 2-3 weeks to disappear. So I just do after treatments when a bite occurs. I use the topical benadryl , Zyrtec allergy meds she is on, soaks in tub with body washes that has shea butter in them to sooth her skin.

TruthSeeker.
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Quoting joshlor2:

I've heard the same thing about skin so soft.

PEEK05
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:16 PM

We don't have that issue unless we go camping or to other wilderness type places. I was going to invest in some California Baby bug spray when we go camping this summer.

TexasKaty
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Jackson gets the big welts too... He's my 11 month old. Is it safe to use topical Benadryl on him at that age? We are planning to discuss this with our pedi at his 12 month anyway since we are camping soon!

Quoting CrystalDawn2506:

It doesn't matter if I spray DD or not they still get her and I use the adult sprays on her. She is allergic to them ( mosquitoes) and her bites turns into welts that takes 2-3 weeks to disappear. So I just do after treatments when a bite occurs. I use the topical benadryl , Zyrtec allergy meds she is on, soaks in tub with body washes that has shea butter in them to sooth her skin.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:47 PM

DD was 15 months old when I had to start using it her pedi approved it. So it might be safe enough not sure just ask his pedi. 

Quoting TexasKaty:

Jackson gets the big welts too... He's my 11 month old. Is it safe to use topical Benadryl on him at that age? We are planning to discuss this with our pedi at his 12 month anyway since we are camping soon!

Quoting CrystalDawn2506:

babowes
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Ditto.

Quoting joshlor2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ronjen1117
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM
My kids are also allergic. Skin so soft is awesome. Get the orginaL bath oil. I put it in small spray bottles from the travel section
That way I always have some handy. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM

thankfully we don't have much of an issue here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)