Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for SAHMs: Do you feel like you're in the kitchen most of the day? *UPDATE*

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 25 Replies

Today, I will need to stay home with my son (3 1/2 yrs old) all day until hubby comes home w/ no car!

Thats tough for me, gotta say.

The good part is, my son and I got to take a bath together in the morning and I made breadfast for us (eggs, mozarrella cheese, toast) ate at 10:30am. :) Nice change of pace for us. (Recently, we've all had to get up at 5am to take hubby to work by 7am, take son to daycare, and then I go to work.)

While I made breakfast, I had him watch T.V. (Maybe I should think of other activities)

But then after breakfast, my kitchen is a mess! My kitchen has a gate to keep my son out. And I feel like I already was not interacting with him making breakfast and now there's more no structure time b/c I want to clean the kitchen...

How do you guys deal with this?

UPDATE:

I actually did what many of you suggested. It worked out. He helped out and we enjoyed ourselves :) We blew bubbles and colored too :) And when I told him to draw a long line, he did and when I told him, now a short line, he looked at me puzzled, so I said, a small line, and he did. So that was good. :)

Thank you all for all your really helpful replies :)

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I am not a SAHM but when I am home....yes I feel this way so bad LOL

OBImomma
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Somedays I'm in the kitchen a lot but not everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Mmmmm I suppose.
I clean my kitchen once a day and that's after my kids go to bed. Then I unload the dishwasher before I go to bed. So in the morning I have clean empty kitchen & fill up the dishwasher all day. Finish after bed tho from dinner etc.
But otherwise I make 3 meals a day, plus snack, plus drinks.

Never really thought about it.
Having a good routine of when things get done helps a lot tho. If I'm lazy or gone and don't do dishes at night I swear I do them twice the next day lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
No I don't, I clean my kitchen once a day, after dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haleykj
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Well you could let him help u in the kitchen (it may take a little longer but what fun!) or you can play something with him for a while then finish after while he does something else. Or while he naps if he takes naps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haleykj
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Btw I clean the kitchen like five times a day and I never have a car. I would rather stay home all day then waste most of it picknghim up and dripping him off. I am more then full time at school so I need that time to finish homework and wouldn't get to go anywhere anyway. It's easier for me to clean kitchen a's I go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
do11face
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM

nope, I don't.

braezmommy89
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Somedays but I let my 17 month old help, she puts the dishes in the dishwasher away(she does the silverware... of course not the knives) and I give her a cleaning cloth(baby wipe, but she thinks its a clorox wipe haha) and she wipes down the cabinets and doors etc... its cute and we have fun, it doesnt make cleaning such a drag!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FutureMrsAyers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM

My kitchen gets cleaned after 8pm, when the kids are in bed.

_Mrs.H_
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I spend a fair amount of time in the kitchen doing something but my daughter is usually in there with me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)