Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW THAT IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE IS IT?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son is two years old, he sits on the pot. The only thing wrong is he takes his shirt off, wants whose ever in the room with him to leave and he starts playing with his private part. WTW? This is embarrassingbut i need to know is/did anybody else go through this?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My son plays with himself for a while before peeing on the potty. Idk why but he does. He keeps his shirt on and could care less who's in the bathroom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madamlinwe
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd just let him be, it's perfectly natural for kids to be interested in that at this stage. At least he's doing it in the bathroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EDDES
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this

All kids play and touch their private parts, genitals, peepees because they are discovering their own bodies and find it intriguing; that is not only intelligent but perfectly normal, especially boys touch their penises alot, because it protrudes from the body externally and they are curious to find out why it is there and whether or not it will remain there and if tomorrow it will still be there, so tomorrow comes and guess what, it is there and it is time to check it out and feel it, to see for sure that it is still there.

It is so cute to see a child explore and discover himself; he is only terrible twos, there is nothing crude or weird about discovery.

It is an intelligent and innocent act of learning about oneself early on in life; and something that once, is accepted by his own mind, he moves on from that point and lives his life discovering other things that are outside his own physical body.ladybug

Learning, growing, maturing is a vital part of life for all of us.

The human body was created by God and it is beautiful and it is like a house that we live in, all of our lives on this earth. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

if my son is sitting there waiting for me to wipe him he totally plays with himself but he doesn't care if i'm in the room or not.  it's just a fun toy at this point and totally normal.  around 2 1/2 (he's 5 now) we went thru the hands down the pants in public stage that we had to address but that passed quickly.

momtwo2009
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Thanks Ladies! i got a little scared. lbvs!!!

EDDES
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM

My son touches his own penis from time to time to check it and think about it and how it works.

But, now he is more understanding of its function and so he now, at five yrs old, realizes that he does not have to do anything more than take down his pants and his underwear for peeing in the toilet and when we are at the Parks, he is just ready to pee on any tree or in any corner of the Park.

Sometimes, the little boys go into the bushes and shrubs for peeing and privacy at the Parks and I say, it is what it is.

It is important to relieve one's bladder and they are children so they need to go this way.

So, it is just a matter of learning how his own body works and he is happy peeing freestanding with hands at his sides and then we pull up his underpants and pants and then he is off & running in the Park and playing again with the other kids.

.Angelica.
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM

it's normal. Just be thankful he does it in the bathroom and wants to be alone. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)