Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

PIOG: what do you think of SAHMs that have a nanny?

This was posted by someone else (really) in Mom Confessions. It was posted Anonymously.

I thought it was a great question. This is what this mom posted below:

Quote:

im a stay at home mommy to 2 kids right now.but im having my 3rd in a few months.my husband and i were talking about getting a nanny for a few hrs aday to help.out since he works out of town from weeks to months.so he wont be here to help much.and im going to need the extra set of hands.so what do.you think about SAHM's who have nannys?

you can call me lazy and whatever else you want but your not going to offend me.im not ashamed to tell my husband i need help and that he understands and is willing to get me the help :)

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Replies (161-170):
CowgirlMama0508
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
"oh her husband is never around" blah blah blah. My husband is gone literally HALF OF THE YEAR. I do it all on my own. I don't expect anyone to come take care of the kids I HAD or take care of the house I have. That's my job as a SAHM. Trips alone to the grocery store, yea that goes out the window when you have kids. IMO if you can't handle taking care of your OWN children or keeping up with your OWN home, don't spread your legs. Again, if your a working mom, more power to you. Single mom, way more power to you. But when you decided to be a SAHM for YOUR children, taking care of them yourself and keeping up with YOUR house are your job. My hubby would flip if I were to spend money on someone to do my job. But I guess some mothers are stronger than others, huh? Not trying to offend anyone, but this is ridiculous!!! I don't care if I had the money to do so or not (trust me, I could hire 5 Nannys if I wanted) its just laziness to pay someone to do your job. Can't handle it? Go back to work. JMHO :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DesireeMullikin
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Lol I'm actually a babysitter/nanny of a SAHM

MrsLeftlane
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I had kids to be a Mom, not for a stranger to raise them for me, and then I can sit back and watch...My Hubby's gone a month at a time, so we agreed that one of us should be there for our boys at all times. I get my breaks, they're all in school everyday. I can do what I want then, but most of the time I'm at home, or at school helping out. I look forward to their Summers off so we can all be together, and have some fun in the sun..... I think you're going to pay for the lack of involvement in your childrens lives if you push them off onto someone else....Children are a gift, and should be treated as such...

Jerzymom
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I think if she truly needs the help and she spends quality time with her kids and can afford it...more power to her.

I remember what it was like when I gave birth to my twins. My first born was only 3 at the time.   I did not have a Nanny. Family members shied away.

WhyIstheworld
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:51 PM

i have a nanny for 2 hours daily for dd, and a housekeeper coming out 3 times per week, cleans the main rooms while i do the rest during the week

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Id much rather have a housekeeper than a nanny if I was a Sahm!!! Lol!!!

Hesmynavyman
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I don't see the issue with someone needing some extra help honestly it's probably much needed! If I did not have my mother or husband to help me out day to day even for a hr I would be sad and about to pull my hair out of my head! I think it's ok, but for the mothers who are out every day! Doing their pedies, and nails, working out, and shopping and at star bucks shame on you! Because apart of being a mother is raising your kids on your own with your husband and family! I would never rely personally on a nanny! But if I did in-home day care for 8 kids all toddler yrs heck yeah I would want a helper! That will be me soon in June! So I am going to have my sister inlaw help out a few hrs a day. ;) family carbusy momkissing dadbreastfeedingbaby in sling As you can tell... it's hard doing every little thing on your own! Washing dishes, doing laundry, putting the clothes away after folding them, and clesaning up the house 5-10 times a day! We all know with toddlers it doesn't stay clean for long, and wiping off foof that got thrown to the wall, cleaning up color crayon marks and marker marks off the wall! One kid goes 1 way while the other runs the other way, kids sleeping and some waking them up, getting into some things they shouldn't be! It's not easy! Breakfast, snacks, and preparing lunch and dinner, bath times, and whatever else you have to do like playing with the kids! I do not see what's wrong with having some help especially if Hubby is gone! Me I wouldn't feel comfortable with a nanny though.

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I think that we will probably have someone come to help us out whenever we have a new baby.  I will most likely be having another c-section and I know there is now way I will be able to chase around a toddler and take care of a newborn. 

I would definitely want someone to come and help me out even if it is just for a few hours a day.

sashamom03
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Quoting Proud_Muslimah:

Yes I did read it. If she's a SAHM and pulling her hair out with two, and thinks she needs a nanny, she doesn't need to have number 3. Or shall I say pop them out like popcorn.
Lisa
ConnorMom228
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Does anyone remember the saying "It takes a village to raise a child" or something like that? Well, people used to get help from each other! There are other things to be done besides stay home with kids all day. It isn't always easy, and we all wish we had more help at one point. But for some reason, a lot of women now feel they have to be "super mom/woman" and do EVERYTHING.

I love being a mom. Ds means the world to me and I love being home with him. But I also work weekends. And I am glad to have adult time AWAY from the house and chores. Not everyone has a family nearby to come babysit for a few hours, or a DH who is home every night and willing to help out. So if a SAHM wants a nanny, or a sitter, for few hours occasionally, to do other things, then good. I think keeping your own identity other than mom is healthy and necessary. It doesn't mean we don't love our kids, and can't handle raising them.
savannabooker
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 5:04 PM
I think I would hire a maid before a nanny lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)