Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Tracking Device... Would you? PIOG

Posted by   + Show Post
I am watching the View and they were discussing that 32 year old missing child case of Ethan Patz. Whoopie introduced the idea of putting a tracking device in your child when they are born, because child abductions are happening more and more. I'm curious, would this be something you would consider?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
Ashiopeia
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes and then secretly give the tracking info to their spouse when they get married so the can be continuously stalked throughout their life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM
i would rather my kids have a chip than for something to happen and they find their remains somewhere.
bhwrn1
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:34 AM

Hmm...I don't know about something that's implanted. But I would get some kind of device if it were cheap enough, like a watch, bracelet or necklace.

bellanoelsmom
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:51 AM
I would not. I believe that by creating fear, even rational fear the government is creating easy to track and control us. The rdif chip that is included in Obamas health care bill would require all newborns to get a chip. Adults would follow soon after. The pretence of this is for medical info ECT. My grandma has a bracelet that states her address and medical condition, it works fine.
In addition by 2015 all new cars will be required to have chips for tracking.
Since Obama has overruled many of our constitutional rights recently including your right to a fair trial (you can now be held as long as the government wishes if you are accused of terrorism. It is stated that purchasing a certain amount of food, I heard over two weeks worth could have you in jail without a trial). I believe these laws we created not to use now, but as the government takes more control of our lives, those who oppose them will be tracked down with their rdif chip it a newer version and punished with no fair trial.
President Obama had stated that he would not pass many laws that he has snuck into other bills and pushed through over our last holiday season while the citizens were otherwise occupied.
I believe in time micro chipping will be mandatory but without years of safety testing and the loss if our privacy how can we make a decision like this for our children. Keep tracking chips in cell phones, jewelry or toys if necessary but don't implant them into your child!
Please don't read this post as anti Obama, that is not the point. I would feel very concerned no matter who was in office now especially as the rdif chip becomes a requirement in the years to come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cheesebug
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:57 AM

No, i don't go anywhere without my child, and in public my children are right there with me at all times. No one could steal my children from my home either due to owning 18 guns and two pitbulls for the sole purpose of protection. I have also never left them with a sitter. Being overprotective can be a good thing sometimes.

bellanoelsmom
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Rdif chip and your right. The government controls most media and its content. I am by no means a government conspiracy freak, I just started researching things that I started seeing again and again and I was very concerned!

Quoting haleykj:

Ni fucking way. And since the FDA approved testing for them or something ( I read an article I forget if the approved the chip or the testing) I'm sure the media will blow up about abduction cases fearmongering more parents into getting chips surgically implanted in their children. If u do it that's cool but I won't. I'm sure soon moms who refuse will be looked down on a's if they are irresponsible. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
magicmama158
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:15 AM

My kids have watches that have gps imbeded in them for this very reason :)

Gweneveer
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:23 AM

All set with microchipping my children.  I will just watch them like a hawk instead.  :)

.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM

i wouldn't do it.

magicmama158
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Quoting mom2cheesebug:

No, i don't go anywhere without my child, and in public my children are right there with me at all times. No one could steal my children from my home either due to owning 18 guns and two pitbulls for the sole purpose of protection. I have also never left them with a sitter. Being overprotective can be a good thing sometimes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/authorities-6-year-old-arizona-girl-isabel-mercedes-celis-abducted-article-1.1065921 You can't protect your kids every moment however and this ensures if something does happen they will be found quickly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN