• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VERY Clingy Toddler.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM
  • 3 Replies

My daughter is 2 and a half and she is awesome BUT she doesn't know how to entertain herself.  I read to her, play games with her, color with her, nap with her, cook with her, go to the bathroom with her, shower with her in the room.  It's like everything I do, she has to do too.  And it may be the age.  But there are times when I need to do homework or put stuff on eBay to make money and she can not entertain herself.  She has to be in my lap or talking to me the whole time.  How do I teach her to play quietly by herself?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

IPAD!  My hubby has one and she is like TOTALLY obsessed with it and he has kiddie stuff on it, like flash cards, spellig games, numbers, animal sounds, etc.  Once she has it, I have to fight for attention from her!

I guess it depends on what she is into such as blocks, coloring, painting, chalk, clay, etc.  usually anything with lights and music keeps mine entertained.  What about early learning DVDs like Baby Genius, leap Frog, etc?

Heck mine, her eyes, still lights up when she sees me put on the sling and she is almost 2!

BShip2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM

The baby genius and leap frog stuff isn't advanced enough for her.  I have a Kindle Fire and she plays on it, but when it's dead, she doesn't know what to do!

PEEK05
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Sorry I don't know. Both of my kids just always liked to. Here's a bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)