Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colors

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:06 AM
  • 13 Replies
When did your LO lean colors? Jordan my dd is 16 mnths but she told me yesterday green a blue.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissyboogs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:09 AM

My son could match colors at 18 months. He couldn't say them though. He had a speech delay. I'm not entirely sure when he started saying them. 

My daughter is 22 months. Just the other day, she said orange, blue, and yellow for the first time, but I'm not sure she actually knows what colors they are. She was looking at a bunch of different colored stars when she said them, but she didn't actually point to the colors or anything. 

armyvet06
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:11 AM
That's good. My dd is 20 months and hasn't learned hers yet. But I do teach her things like if she is playing with her balls I will say that is a red ball or that is a green ball. Or that is a yellow duck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillsmom09
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:23 AM
DD is 2.5 and still doesn't know her colors. She has vision issues, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM

About 2.

beco8627
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Mine is 26 months. For the last 2 weeks he's been "serious" about learning his colors. He's already got all of his letters, recognizing his and his brothers name, now he wants to get his colors down. So far he's got orange, blue, green and red. He's still learning the others. Once he gets pink and yellow, we are moving on to numbers and shapes. Luckily he can already count to three, and knows a square and circle so it shouldn't be too hard to teach him the rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 AM
My son, 22 months, is learning. He's been matching colors for several months now and recently he's been showing an interest in saying them. Last night out of the blue he told me his shirt was orange. It was!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM
My son is two and I'm teaching him colors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Caden knew all of them I know before he turned 2 I think it was well before then though.

Gweneveer
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:39 AM
My oldest was 12 mos!!

My 20 mos old almost has it mastered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RedheadMama18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I think around 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)