• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Picky toddler?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM
  • 15 Replies
I have a very picky toddler(18months) what do you do to get your picky toddler to get all their nutrients?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyChay
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:58 AM
He notices veggies "camoflauged" in his entrees and so on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM
What will he eat? What doesn't he like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhoenixsMommy10
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I give my son a multivitamin a few times a week. I know that my son doesn't get all the nutrients he needs just from food, due to the fact that he'll hardly eat anything.

MommyChay
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:02 AM
He hates veggies, rice, mashed potatoes, some fruits, pretty much anything except pasta :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyChay
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM
When can children start a multivitamin (age wise)

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

I give my son a multivitamin a few times a week. I know that my son doesn't get all the nutrients he needs just from food, due to the fact that he'll hardly eat anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhoenixsMommy10
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure exactly. My son's doctor recommended starting one at his 1 year check-up.

The one we use is a liquid, so we just mix it with juice, but I'm sure your son's doctor has one that they would recommend.

Quoting MommyChay:

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
My son is picky but if I make stuffed pasta I can shred some veggies into the sauce and into the cheese filling.
My son isn't big on meats but he loves cheesy tuna noodle, I mix a can of tuna fish in with velvetta mac n cheese.
Will he eat fruit if its in yogurt or a smoothie? My son won't eat berries but drinks them in smoothies and eats them yogurt.
Meatloaf or meatballs I have a sweeter sauce I use for both and ds loves it. Ill give you the recipes if you wantm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyChay
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Thank you!

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

I'm not sure exactly. My son's doctor recommended starting one at his 1 year check-up.

The one we use is a liquid, so we just mix it with juice, but I'm sure your son's doctor has one that they would recommend.

Quoting MommyChay:

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyChay
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Those are some pretty good ideas! I'll def try the tuna noodle, I haven't successfully gotten him to try fish yet because he didn't like it :(

Quoting lilmama8408:

My son is picky but if I make stuffed pasta I can shred some veggies into the sauce and into the cheese filling.

My son isn't big on meats but he loves cheesy tuna noodle, I mix a can of tuna fish in with velvetta mac n cheese.

Will he eat fruit if its in yogurt or a smoothie? My son won't eat berries but drinks them in smoothies and eats them yogurt.

Meatloaf or meatballs I have a sweeter sauce I use for both and ds loves it. Ill give you the recipes if you wantm

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigOlBitties
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM
When you say he hates veggies what all have you tried? The best way to fit veggies in if he won't eat any at all is blend them up and put them in a sauce. Fortunately my son (20 months) loves all of them...broccoli, peas, carrots, green beans, zucchini, squash. I introduced veggies first into his diet so maybe that's what helped. Also if he won't take any fruit (again do you mind sharing what you've tried?) the best and easiest way to get fruit in them is smoothies...you can actually do a fruit and veggie smoothie to knock both out at the same time. Plenty of online recipes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)