Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT -- kindle fire and toddlers

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM
  • 10 Replies

Does anyone here have a Kindle Fire?

My LO (2.5yo) loves his apps and is becoming a pro at getting around to what he wants.

Is there anyway to clear the front screen of all of the apps/books/websites that you've recently used?

Also, LO managed to order a pair of training pants today.  He found his way on to amazon.com and I guess clicked the order button.

If I can fix this that would be great, otherwise I'll have to sit right by him when he's playing.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Nope but my lo plays apps on my phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikilax
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Quoting ms-superwoman:

lol, i found out how to take things out of the carousel so he can't readily click on certain things anymore.

Hopefully, it keeps him off the internet browser.

A couple days ago he discovered Netflix and turned on Super Why.

ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Lmao I've for mine on lock so he can only play in the app.
Quoting nikilax:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

lol, i found out how to take things out of the carousel so he can't readily click on certain things anymore.

Hopefully, it keeps him off the internet browser.

A couple days ago he discovered Netflix and turned on Super Why.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
army3mom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM
I have one. They love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockinMama0608
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I have a Kindle Fire and love it  :)

If you want to get rid of the icons on the main screen, just hold down on the icon and select whether you want to remove from favorites, carousel, or device.  If you want to access icons you removed from the carosel, just go to the apps or books at the top.  Hope this helps!

nikilax
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Quoting RockinMama0608:

If you want to get rid of the icons on the main screen, just hold down on the icon and select whether you want to remove from favorites, carousel, or device.  If you want to access icons you removed from the carosel, just go to the apps or books at the top.  Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip!  I did manage to find it in the Kindle user forum as well.

Now, hopefully he won't be able to purchase anything else.  He seems to have picked up pretty well on how to operate the fire and he can't even read.

I've been joking that he needs his own.  It was my xmas present, but it seems that I now have to share it.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Yep, I have one and my kids love it.  I don't do too much on the internet so they spend their time on Angry Birds, a coloring app and my son has a Montessori reading app.

army_wifey_06
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM
My mom has a kindle fire that my 2.5 year old plays all the time. I'm not sure how to get rid of the icons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockinMama0608
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Quoting nikilax:

Quoting RockinMama0608:

Thanks for the tip!  I did manage to find it in the Kindle user forum as well.

Now, hopefully he won't be able to purchase anything else.  He seems to have picked up pretty well on how to operate the fire and he can't even read.

I've been joking that he needs his own.  It was my xmas present, but it seems that I now have to share it.

You are welcome  :)  I got one for Christmas too and my 4 year old loves to play with it!  Be careful with some of the free games too.  My son was playing and clicked on the ad for the full version.  Needless to say he purchased the app, lol. 

KaylaMillar
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Quoting RockinMama0608:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)