Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Need help planning my toddlers birthday!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM
  • 22 Replies
My daughter's golden birthday is this year, she's turning 3! We are making it all about Rapunzel! Any ideas of how I can convert a boy theme into it too? Thx! :)
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not add some princes in it?

cutestmom24
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

i agree with the princes

cheezit47
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM

yup, add "prince" stuff to it too...for favors you can have them all make crowns etc....throw in a couple blue balloons and plates.... =)

KristinawithaK
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM
3 moms liked this

my daughter wanted a princess party for her 5th bday and she wanted all of the girls to wear pretty dresses, even the parents (so you bet I put on a prom dress!) and the boys to wear "tuxedos" (she has two brothers).  so we all dressed up.  my older son wore a tuxedo and the younger boy wore a dragon costume.

I hired two "princesses" to knock on the door and ask to come to the princess party (couple of high school girls dressed in their homecoming dresses that my daughter didn't know, a friend of a friend sort of deal).  I bought foam tiaras (and crowns) and the kids got to decorate them.  then the princesses read enchanted stories to the kids and we played musical chairs.

the whole party was a big hit and still talked about to this day!

nickellmomof2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Love the prince idea!

gilbertgrl627
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

How about something with Flynn Rider? lol, Not sure what, but it goes along with the Rapunzel theme. Maybe "satchels" as gift bags?

haleykj
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:11 PM
This! Cute idea! (is that the name of the prince from tangled?) if so u could hire him to come! I usually do pretty gender neutral gift bag things but that's me(bouncy balls, little games, crayons) I love the idea of hiring the high school girls to wear "princess" dresses too. Why am I not this creative lol. And I had never thought if the golden bday thing. Next year will be my baby's golden birthday she was born on the 2nd. Another idea..it's gender neutral I remember in the movie they release some sort of light things into the air every year on rapunzels bday you could do something to do with that maybe just without the fire. Glowing gallons or something? idk

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

How about something with Flynn Rider? lol, Not sure what, but it goes along with the Rapunzel theme. Maybe "satchels" as gift bags?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinawithaK
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:21 PM

ditto.  bubbles, crazy straws, sidewalk chalk....

the chinese flying paper lanterns can be pretty spendy.  and you probably don't want a bunch of 3 yr olds around fire lighting their lanterns (they're pretty big- even my 5'10" wingspan can barely hold the top of the lantern while I light the fuel cell)

Quoting haleykj:

This! Cute idea! (is that the name of the prince from tangled?) if so u could hire him to come! I usually do pretty gender neutral gift bag things but that's me(bouncy balls, little games, crayons) I love the idea of hiring the high school girls to wear "princess" dresses too. Why am I not this creative lol. And I had never thought if the golden bday thing. Next year will be my baby's golden birthday she was born on the 2nd. Another idea..it's gender neutral I remember in the movie they release some sort of light things into the air every year on rapunzels bday you could do something to do with that maybe just without the fire. Glowing gallons or something? idk

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

haleykj
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Oh. Well that's no good. But the light balloons (not gallons [stupid autocorrect]) are kinda cool. Maybe they're expensive too idk I am getting some for dds bday tho XD

Quoting KristinawithaK:

ditto.  bubbles, crazy straws, sidewalk chalk....

the chinese flying paper lanterns can be pretty spendy.  and you probably don't want a bunch of 3 yr olds around fire lighting their lanterns (they're pretty big- even my 5'10" wingspan can barely hold the top of the lantern while I light the fuel cell)

Quoting haleykj:

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)