Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

toddlers and hotels

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM
  • 7 Replies
So ds is 3 this weekend we are visiting family and are staying in a hotel. Normally we stay with family but me and ds share a couch being 28weeks pregnant that's not possible.
The hotel has a pool which is nice and he will love. But he never sleeps with us always alone in his room. So I'm worried about him sleeping in the hotel.
What kind of toys are good for hotels? Activities? I've been told its sopost to be kinda cold where we are visiting so I'm not sure if we will go to the petting zoo and stuff I wanted to do.
Also what are good snacks/drinks? Its been almost 2 years since we in a hotel with him. I know we will be mostly eating out but he and dh like their snacks lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lanceandhailey
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Snacks that you can keep in a hotel:

Fruit- bananas, oranges, apples, etc.

Graham crackers, goldfish, granola bars, fruit snacks, fruit cup that don't need to be cold, etc.

capri suns, bottled water, juice boxes, etc.

You can do more if your room has a fridge!

Take some coloring books and crayons, couple favorite toys..

corrinacs
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey,

You shoudl be fine :) :).  I would bring his own blanket and pillow (something familiar).  I would also bring juice boxes, Horizon milk boxes, and non-perishable foods as much as you can (in case there's no fridge).

As far as toys, I'd take as little as possible.  If he's into game systems, bring that.  I wouldn't bring any toys that are huge.  For caden, whenvere we go on trips, i have a backpack I dedicate to his toys.  He can fill up the backpack, but that's it :).  He puts his fave trucks/cars/dinos/books, etc.

Good luck mama!  I think you will be fine actually :) :).

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:04 AM
There is a fridge and microwave.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Graham crackers, goldfish, granola bars, fruit snacks, fruit cup that don't need to be cold, etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:06 AM
He doesn't play video games. Dh is bringing his psvita and laptop, I have my cell lol. I was thinking a couple hot wheel cars, dvds.
We are leaving after dh gets outa work fri, its about a 4-5hr drive and I'm sure ds will sleep most of the drive.

Quoting corrinacs:

Hey,

You shoudl be fine :) :).  I would bring his own blanket and pillow (something familiar).  I would also bring juice boxes, Horizon milk boxes, and non-perishable foods as much as you can (in case there's no fridge).

As far as toys, I'd take as little as possible.  If he's into game systems, bring that.  I wouldn't bring any toys that are huge.  For caden, whenvere we go on trips, i have a backpack I dedicate to his toys.  He can fill up the backpack, but that's it :).  He puts his fave trucks/cars/dinos/books, etc.

Good luck mama!  I think you will be fine actually :) :).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanceandhailey
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Then you can also get stuff to make sandwiches, string cheese, yogurt, milk, almost whatever they like!

Quoting lilmama8408:

There is a fridge and microwave.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

cutestmom24
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:25 AM
You could pack a couple of zip lock bags and fill up with diffrent snacks and like the pp said coloring books playdoe and a couple of his favorite toys will have him entertained for hours.
Good luck on your packing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Thanks. I have major pregnancy brain and 24/7 yawning making it hard to think straight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)