Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old..?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 28 Replies
Was your kid switched from s sippy to a regular cup?My DD is almost 2 and she can drink from a straw but forgets not to tip the cup over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trophywf2htfrmr
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM

No hurry I think- My dd was 3. It takes some little fingers a little longer than others to get hang of it. :)

StacyO722
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM

DD is 3. We still have our moments of spilled water or whatever, but she does ok with a regular cup. She still uses a straw more though.

STKsMomma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:02 PM
My dd was 2. But that was more because she has two older siblings and wanted to be like them. We have learned that small glasses with a slightly heavier base don't get tipped over as much as the plastic cups. Down fall is if dropped they will break. But in two years I think she has broken 3. 2 at the begining and 1 about a month ago. But that was because the dog ran up behind her and bumped her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tree-Tree
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM
2 is a good age to switch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Well, I taught Caden through a regular cup.  We mailny used sippy's when we watned to divert messes (in teh car, other ppl's houses, etc.).  

He's in full cups now and has been for a while (since he was at least 3).

erinsmom1964
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Erin started with strawed cups from bottle then moved to sippy cups.  She has been able to drink out of a no lid cup since about 2.  I use lidded ones for when we go places to help minimize spill in the car if it tips over.

.Angelica.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:40 PM

he hasn't used sippy cups since about 3. we used to bring drinks in the car and would have him use one then, but now he has some water bottles for that and any other drink besides water he drinks from a regular cup.

Bmama1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM
My oldest is 3 and can drink from a cup but we still use mostly sippies to avoid messes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Mrs.H_
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM

This.

Quoting corrinacs:

Well, I taught Caden through a regular cup.  We mailny used sippy's when we watned to divert messes (in teh car, other ppl's houses, etc.).  

He's in full cups now and has been for a while (since he was at least 3).

PEEK05
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)