Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! I'm new here! Looking for some advice on food for a two year old

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi, my daughter is picky with food or honestly maybe bored of it.  I'm looking for some ideas.  Can anyone share some with me?  I've done the chicken nuggets, pb&j, pasta w/ butter, etc.....  I'm looking for some other ideas which are quick & easy that she can take with her to daycare.

Thanks!!

Lee

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

i see a lot of corn dogs at my son's school or cut up hot dogs.  we can't do peanut butter at my son's school so we do jam sandwiches or ham sandwiches (just the cheap budding ham).  sometimes leftover pizza if we had it for dinner the night before and he loves left over mac and cheese.  lunchables are always a good one for him too.  sides are apples, applesauce, bananas or yogurt.

STKsMomma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi and welcome. I am kind of drawing a blank, the only thing that comes to mind is like the lunchables, as they have a lot of different flavors. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/children-age-1-4

gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

pretty much any fruit, different sandwiches like ham and cheese, turkey and cheese, pimento cheese, etc., maybe a cold hot dog if she likes them that way, bagels with cream cheese, crackers, maybe the luchables

teaching_mama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd likes if I change up even her normal sandwiches by cutting them into shapes with cookie cutters. Or crackers with cheese slices. Idk cause I don't have to send lunches to daycare so it's hard to think of pack able things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
foistela
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm terrible at coming-up with food ideas. Welcome to the group though!

Owner of 

Admin of Fall 2008 babies

Judith753
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My son loves pasta with turkey meatballs, sandwiches, quesadillas, all kinds of beans (black, kidney, baked), rice with chicken. For sides I usually send fruit and yogurt. He's not into vegetables unless I can conceal them in something else - like spinach tortellini. He also loves PB but I can't send that to daycare either. Good luck!

carsonsmommytam
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Quesadillas, egg salad/chicken salad/tuna/meat & cheese sandwiches, yogurts, cheese sticks, left overs, crackers and cheese/hummus, pretzels, bagel and cream cheese/ bagel sandwich, hard boiled eggs, baked veggies with cheese, fruit salad, wraps, pirogies, fruits, waffle sandwiches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyStork
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Lunchables....dd loves them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leonora393
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM

It's so odd but I've never even thought of lunchables but I'm going to try that for sure!  Thank you everyone for responding I sincerely appreciate it!!!  Have a great weekend all!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)