Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Public Service Announcement: Cupcakes

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
2 moms liked this

Maybe less a PSA and more my personal opinion bourne from experience, but...

When bringing cupcakes for a class of preschoolers, PLEASE make them all the same!  I know folks think that some kids will want the chocolate ones and others will want the vanillas OR that the girls will want the pinks and the boys will want the blues.  But really, it doesn't work out the way you'd think.  For the most part, they are going to want what their friends have.  So if the first kid in my class asks for vanilla, then the overwhelming majority is going to want vanilla and some kids are going to be disappointed to have chocolate (even though they like chocolate.)  If you send me 2 different flavor cake AND 2 different color frostings on each flavor cake, you're just making me want to jump off a bridge.

.I swear...when I pull the foil off a tray of cupcakes and I see they are all the same, I think to myself "smart mommy!"   Best bet? Yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting. Sprinkles are always a nice touch.   Include the ingredient lists off the Betty Crocker box and the frosting can so I know it's cool for kids with allergies.

Thank You!!!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
heather4511
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Lol i have thought of that. Then i say no..just make them all the same because I knkw the headache it will cause the teacher if there is not enough of one kind!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Thanks for the advice!!

pampire
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM

That is the single best piece of advice I've seen on this site to date!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)