Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dd wants her paci all the time...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

DD is 21mo and I weaned her down to her paci only at nap and bedtime... but now all she does is cry for it.... I admit I do give in.. but only b/c dh is on 3rd shift and already only gets so little sleep that a screaming 21mo is not an option really... I need some help tp gently wean her off of it.. thanks!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
xtiffanyx08
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

give her something in place of it like my dd who is 4 always wants her blanky  an if I'm washing it she freaks out so i find something i know she really likes an let her have that till its done. have her pick something for nap time an bed time something new shes never had before an tell her its for nap time an bed time an that u gave the pacy to a little baby to have that shes a big girl now an she gets to pick something new to have at those times

k.stark
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I'm not sure she will understand all of that since she's not even 2 yet.... Just a little bit ago she wanted her "sucky" and I went to give her her blankey and she hit at it and swung at me telling me no! lol... Girls are so drama!! lol :)

Quoting xtiffanyx08:

give her something in place of it like my dd who is 4 always wants her blanky  an if I'm washing it she freaks out so i find something i know she really likes an let her have that till its done. have her pick something for nap time an bed time something new shes never had before an tell her its for nap time an bed time an that u gave the pacy to a little baby to have that shes a big girl now an she gets to pick something new to have at those times

xtiffanyx08
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:20 PM

my 4 year old did that before she was 2 an it was over her bottle she will understand it more then u may think

Quoting k.stark:

I'm not sure she will understand all of that since she's not even 2 yet.... Just a little bit ago she wanted her "sucky" and I went to give her her blankey and she hit at it and swung at me telling me no! lol... Girls are so drama!! lol :)

Quoting xtiffanyx08:

PEEK05
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Sorry I don't know. At that age, I would cold turkey it and deal with the effects of it in another way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)