Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

notorious murderers.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM
  • 17 Replies
What are some interesting stories that you were able to be alive to see, ones that may spark your interest, etc. The most interesting one for me is the Sylvia Likens murder in 1965 in Indianapolis, Indiana. I was not even thought of aat the time but this is where I was born and raised and am very familiar with the whole area and places that were visited such as school, parks, streets, gas stations, etc. Some of my family were around to witness this time period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinsmom1964
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Ted Bundy.  I lived with one of his earliest victims parents as a foster child, the Rancourts.  It actually started my fascination with serial killers specifically and murder mysteries in general.  Had they had CSI shows back then thats probably what I would of gone for.

Kchellejones330
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Oh yeah?? How interesting. I love the stuff about these type of things. It's extremely creepy, but I can't help myself, ya know?

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Ted Bundy.  I lived with one of his earliest victims parents as a foster child, the Rancourts.  It actually started my fascination with serial killers specifically and murder mysteries in general.  Had they had CSI shows back then thats probably what I would of gone for.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Yeah, Ted Bundy always interested me because I went to school with the son of one of the lead detectives.  I wish they hadn't put him to death because I think he probably could have been a great research tool.

PEEK05
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

No idea. I never paid attention to any.

zebbyzebby06
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Columbine, that lady that drownd her kids, caylee anthony....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofiesmom112
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:36 AM

Living thru the millenium, seeing Barak Obama elected president, 9-11, the birth of my daughter....

Not necessarily in that order.

Gweneveer
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Columbine and the Craigslist murders.

Strega
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Sylvia's story is so heartbreaking. I became interested in it after I watched "The Girl Next Door", which is a highly exaggerated version. After doing some research on it, I watched "An American Crime", which is almost spot-on.

Quoting Kchellejones330:

What are some interesting stories that you were able to be alive to see, ones that may spark your interest, etc. The most interesting one for me is the Sylvia Likens murder in 1965 in Indianapolis, Indiana. I was not even thought of aat the time but this is where I was born and raised and am very familiar with the whole area and places that were visited such as school, parks, streets, gas stations, etc. Some of my family were around to witness this time period.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Kchellejones330
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM
True. The Girl Next Door is more graphic.

Quoting Strega:

Sylvia's story is so heartbreaking. I became interested in it after I watched "The Girl Next Door", which is a highly exaggerated version. After doing some research on it, I watched "An American Crime", which is almost spot-on.

Quoting Kchellejones330:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kchellejones330
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Murderers??

Quoting sofiesmom112:

Living thru the millenium, seeing Barak Obama elected president, 9-11, the birth of my daughter....

Not necessarily in that order.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)