Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

, my daughter was hit by the teacher

Posted by   + Show Post

my toddler was hit on her head by her preschool teacher, any advice on wat i should say to the teacher.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
Poisongirl98
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Quoting LuvUSoMuch:

Where is the OP? What has happened, OP?confused

Very interesting...she hasn't been back to respond to anything. 

mom2MDS
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM

My first thought is, who told you that the teacher hit her on the head? Was it your daughter? Sometimes at that age kids can't tell  if it was on purpose or an accident. I think you need to talk to the teacher about it and see how it all went down.

Necie72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM

a troll maybe...  LOL

Quoting LuvUSoMuch:

mirandalforcier
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I would remind her of the mandated reporter laws, talk to her supervisor, and give her a stern lecture on being a kind and caring teacher that she is supposed to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:09 PM
She hasn't logged in again since the 30th. Maybe she's too busy filing a police report... I hope...

On her profile her thought bubble says that her child says the teacher hit her. Not a totally reliable source, necessarily. Maybe that's why she dropped it.

Quoting Necie72:

a troll maybe...  LOL

Quoting LuvUSoMuch:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Necie72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:18 PM

it also looks like she joined on that day because she got a welcom from cafe robin on the 30th...  hmmmm  one can only wonder...  lol

Quoting TTC2Long:

She hasn't logged in again since the 30th. Maybe she's too busy filing a police report... I hope...

On her profile her thought bubble says that her child says the teacher hit her. Not a totally reliable source, necessarily. Maybe that's why she dropped it.

Quoting Necie72:

a troll maybe...  LOL

Quoting LuvUSoMuch:

JillCA
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I would sit down with the director/teacher asking what happened. Our preschools have cameras...however the cameras are only good for 2 weeks. So if you are doing to review video footage, I would do it ASAP.

If you do have a funny feeling, I would also contact licensing. They will do an investigation. In CA, compliants are annouymous.

Now my almost 4 year old is telling her teacher that we beat her....pinch her, spank her. We have never spanked her......it wasn't until she started preschool that fib have started. Her daycare this never happened. It is an age thing I think.

TTC2Long
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Yeah, joined that day, made that one post, then... Nothing. Hopefully she just got busy and forgot.

Quoting Necie72:

it also looks like she joined on that day because she got a welcom from cafe robin on the 30th...  hmmmm  one can only wonder...  lol

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Necie72:

a troll maybe...  LOL

Quoting LuvUSoMuch:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hargonagain
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

When my 4 year old doesn't want to go to daycare he will tell me the daycare provider and ALL of the kids hit and kick him ALL day at daycare and they don't let him eat, etc etc etc.  4 out of 5 days a week he is excited and happy to go t daycare, but usually 1 day a week he gives me the whole "they hit me and beat me" song and dance.  I would want to get the facts, then act on it.

mom2MDS
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:33 AM

It amaze me on how many mothers are saying they would kick some ass, or pull their kid without the whole story. You know how many times I have "hit" one of my kids by accident? Infact I did it just the other morning, my 20 month old came up behind me as I was turning and I caught her on the head with my hand. She tells me, "no hit mama." It was purely accidental.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)