Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Joint bday party for my soon to be 9 & 3 yo boys

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

My boys are going to be 9 & 3 at the end of May- they were born 6 years & 1 day apart. My ex & I have always had joint parties for them with family (& we take them out to dinner together on a seperate night).

I am looking for ideas. I was thinking of doing a pinata for the kiddos. Plus since it's Memorial Weekend we are doing a cook out (hot dogs, baked beans, potato sald, the works). But I need other ideas. The theme this year is X-Men since the older one wanted a Wolverine cake. I was also thinking of having a small pool for the little ones & his friends or maybe a sprinkler going for all of them?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bmama1
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Oooh a sprinkler would be fun. The whole thing sounds fun. I have 3 boys with march birthdays and 1 on april 1st. So we always do shared parties.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My only concern is all the adults! Haha I am inviting several girls I have worked with over the years that have all been his daycare teachers plus family & the boys friends... pretty much 50 ppl! I seriously hope it is nice out that weekend!
maidjillian
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM

My boys are 3 years at 8 days apart, so we joint parties too.  This year I hired a balloon artist and it was awesome!  Oh my gosh, even the parents were getting balloon animals made!  I totally recommend it.

gcstar42
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Sprinklers are always fun! I think for a bunch of kids that would be better than them all trying to play in a small pool at once. We bought this caterpillar sprinkler the other day and my kids loved it and played in it all weekend. My sons birthday is May 26th and I am thinking about having his party on that weekend also. For birthdays we always do hamburgers and hot dogs and cake and home made ice cream and have a ton of family and friends over. I am also planning to invite the kids from his class at school. We really dont do any planned games. The kids mostly just run around outside and play. We usually have our big pool set up and have a big pool party, but since our town only has an 18 month water supply left and we have to pay a lot of money if we use over a certain amount of water, we are going to skip that this year. You could always set up some kind of scavenger hunt or treasure hunt or something like that and maybe find a way to tie the x-men theme into it.

PEEK05
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I think that sounds fun.

.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM

that sounds like fun. i hope the weather cooperates!

Jlee4249
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM
If you're going to have friends for the boys, I'd have a sprinkler for the younger ones (maybe a kiddie pool) and some awesome water super soakers for the older boys.
Then, I'd consider moving the celebrations to seperate times in the years to come. A 12 year old isnt going to want to celebrate w/his 6year old brother. It may be more convenient for you, but They're going to want to feel special individually sooner or later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)