Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

At what age do you stop...

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM
  • 89 Replies
Using onesies? Ds was given some for his bday that go all the way up to 24 months. I assume it's for chunkalicious babies that wear 24m at 12 months, but maybe not? Personally, I got fed up with onesies at around 9 months since that's when ds got more squirmy during diaper changes. When they're littler, onesies are great because tshirts ride up when you hold them (at least they did for me). When they get a little older, though, you don't have to support them as much, so that's less of a problem. They're easier to put on and I like being able to pull back the pants and easily check for poopy dipes. Even most.of his jammies are tshirt/pants sets. I was worried about the shirt riding up, but it doesn't seem to.

So when do you stop?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LKRA
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:47 PM

18 months, I think.

erinsmom1964
by Carrie on May. 1, 2012 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

An age for not using a piece of clothing???  None

nikilax
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this

We didn't stop using onesies until LO was out of 24 mo clothes.  Some of that really had to do with season though.  It was winter and an added layer to keep him warm.

He wasn't very squirmy, so that wasn't an issue.  I'd say it just depends on when you view it as more of a hassle.

Oneatatimemommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I think it is all based on personal preference.  I can't remember when I stopped putting them on my DD.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:56 PM

We still have 24 month onsies that fit my DD who will be 3 in July.  I used to put short sleeved ones under jammies when she was in her crib a few months ago.  I still use a plain white one under overalls or sometimes just with sweats.  I don't have an opinion on them one way or the other.  

MarShy740
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM
I usually stop around 18 months a little before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
We use onesies until they're grown out of for good. Otherwise, rompers are also one piece outfits and I put DD in those a lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.jessefuller
18 months is when we stopped all together but she was getting interested in the potty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virgendelamor
3 moms liked this
I just think they look funny on older kids lol its like a teenager with a tucked in t-shirt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blg5484
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

DD will be 2 in june she still wears them I love them for her to sleep or under her skirt. DS is 6 months he wears 12 month now they work great under shorts shirt doesnt pull up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)