Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What could this be??

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

My 3 year old started with a rash yesterday. It started on her neck where her necklace was. So i didn't think anything of it and she went to bed. Now this morning it has spread to her neck, chest and back. Any ideas on what this could be from?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Gweneveer
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Is it itchy?  Is she on any medications?  Could it be from something she ate?  

RnNHamilton
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:07 AM

She was itching her back this morning. She has been on meds but she has had them before and never reacted this way. I took all the kids to play in the water at a park so I am thinking she may have reacted to the chlorine? I dont know.

Quoting Gweneveer:

gcstar42
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom is allergic to chlorine and breaks out if she is in it a lot, so that is possible. Also with medicines it can take a few times of having them to actually show an allergic reaction to them.

Quoting RnNHamilton:

She was itching her back this morning. She has been on meds but she has had them before and never reacted this way. I took all the kids to play in the water at a park so I am thinking she may have reacted to the chlorine? I dont know.

Quoting Gweneveer:

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM

This.  Call the doc to be sure.  I acquired a sulfa allergy around 9 or 10 and had had it before.  It was a torso/upper leg rash and it was the sulfa.  

Quoting gcstar42:

My mom is allergic to chlorine and breaks out if she is in it a lot, so that is possible. Also with medicines it can take a few times of having them to actually show an allergic reaction to them.

Beth (32) DH (37) Tyler (5) Bayley (2 1/2)

PEEK05
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Hmm...I'm not sure, bump.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Sounds like an allergic rash to me (Excema).  I would put cream on it for the time being.  It could be the meds or even something else.  Just take note teh best you can what she ate the day of and day before the rash started.  If it happens again, then take note again, what was eaten and look for any similarities....of course, with a toddler its hard becuase they eat the same things each day.

BeckyP.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:19 PM
She could be allergic to whatever kind of metal the necklace was made of. Nickel maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I would call the doctor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)