Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Have your LOs ever been attacked by an animal?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mine have not, even though we have had a dog. I used to worry how the dog would react to them, but he did great.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2MDS
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Nope, my dogs are great with the kids.

mariesmama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM

our cat scratched her in self defence sometimes....

erinsmom1964
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

According to Erin yes she has been attacked by miller moths...LOL and yes actually her kitty has pounced on her once or twice when we first got him.  He maybe weighed 2 pounds at the time and wasn't being mean just being a kitty

momof3superkids
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Yes my 5 year old son was 3 at the time and we were at the in- laws when my bil and sil showed up with their big dogs. The youngest a black lab barrelled over my son and left him laying on the ground crying and scared. I ran over and comforted him and all the two of them could do was laugh and my sil talked baby talk to him that the dog was just being friendly and looking for attention. I called BS on that.

army_wifey_06
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MegG25
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Nope

jojo827
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM
No I get nervous myself around large animals so I wouldn't put my kids in that situation. Small animals my kids like but I'm still cautious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Not attacked but bit or scratched. We have cats and a little dog and dd used to torment her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnmom4lif
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

my now 3 year old was attacked by a sheep dog when he was 18 months old. he had to have plastice surgery to the left side of his face and his left ear had to be reattached. 

weirdkids
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:15 AM

only licked to death and sometimes knocked over. my 18mo has a dog. well its a family dog but Thor seems to like the 18mo best. Thor is a pittbull. not your average short stocky agressive type hes the taller looks kinda like a chocolate lab with an oversized head type. him and the baby are inseperable most of the time. when jaker is eating thor is at his side waiting for his share, if jaker is sleeping thor is next to his bed. lol its cute. i give that dog credit. he puts up with that curios child well. the poor dog will be sleeping and jake will climb up and lift his lips up, poke him in the nose, sit on him everything and thor just sleeps right through it. 

my dd however was bitten by a leopard gecko by her own fault when she was about 4. after telling her about 100 times not to open the tank, she snuck into the room and tried to play with the lizards. well to them her fingers looked like mealworms and one of them chomped down on her finger. my ss, thor did bite him as a warning. the dog is no longer allowed on the 2nd floor because i dont trust my older boys not to mess with him. they locked him in their room(which they also no longer have a door) and were taking turns trying to ride him like a horse. thor nipped ss as a warning. hasnt happened since.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)