Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

hair...

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM
  • 10 Replies
Do you cut you own kids hair? My DD is 4 and usualy I trim her bangs (think I'm finally getting the hang of it) however for everything else I take her in. She has had her hair cut twice. The first time when she was 2 to even everything out because she still had all her baby hair and it was all sorts of diffrent lengths. The second time was recently because she got ahold of scisors and cut her own hair so we had to get it fixed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tbarnes895
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM
We were taking my DS who is 2 1/2 to salons up until recently. Now his dad is doing it and it looks good so I don't mind it saves us money especially since his dad cuts his own hair too. Now I'm the only one who needs to get it professionally done and it leaves more money for me to spend:) if I had a daughter she would get it done at salon except occassional bang trims which I do on myself between visits too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM

No. I tried once and it turned out horrible.

flowrsgalore
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

My daughter is 4. I trim bangs when I can't stand it anymore.  I prefer to take her in to have her hair trimmed though.  She's been several times now & is good in the chair. Likes going actually. It's 8 or ten dollars & kind of an event because she know she gets a sucker when it's over.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM

my husband cuts my son hair :) we just buzz it 

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Nope.  My DD will be 3 at the end of July and hasn't had a hair cut yet.  It's growing in really evenly and I don't like bangs so there isn't anything to cut yet :)

storkradio193
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM

We still haven't gone to the hair dresser.  My 2 1/2 year old has long, curly hair and we'll have to cut it at some point.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Lizj4
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM
My 4 year old thinks she's a beautician so I have had to learn how to cut hair. Ive actually gotten a lot of compliments this last time around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hance6
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I fo my 2 of my 3 DS, and my hubby, the like to keep it short so just use the clippers.  My oldest DS keeps it a bit longer so take him in, and DD will be 3 end of July as well in fact July 31, and same here, not  alot of hair, growing even, and no bangs.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Nope.  My DD will be 3 at the end of July and hasn't had a hair cut yet.  It's growing in really evenly and I don't like bangs so there isn't anything to cut yet :)

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM

DD has only had 1 haircut and we had it done. I'd be way too scared to do it myself.

mariesmama
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:03 PM

yes i cut her bangs we tried to take her to a beauty school to get it trimmed and she freaked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)