Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Urgent Post Potty Training Question (for moms of boys)

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

My soon to be 3 year old is doing great with telling me he has to go potty. He has been pull up free for 2 weeks now (& only 2 accidents). My urgent question is: Has anyone dealt with rashes since going to underwear? More specifically on the underside of the penis, where the penis would lay on the scrotum? My son came to me crying this afternoon because his "wee-wee" hurt. When I looked at it I noticed moisture & a rash- similar to a diaper rash. Any suggestions?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
parkersmama08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Sounds like a yeast infection maybe? I'd call the pediatrician just to be safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Rashes should lessen when switching to underwear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Rashes should lessen when switching to underwear.

That's what I thought! But here he is with a rash! I haven't had to use diaper rash cream in the longest time so I threw it away months ago. The only rash cream I have on hand is Gold Bond Anti Itch Cream! I put some on & he is saying his wee-wee is cold & he is holding himself! I'm sure it really hurts too! He doesn't want to go to the bathroom! :(

erinsmom1964
by Carrie on May. 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Actually this is exactly why I taught my 3 sons to wipe when the first started peeing themselves  They don't shake as well as men and their streams aren't as strong and steady at first so the urine leaks down the shaft settling in that area.  I would use wipes until hes older.  just have him wipe the area clean

fairymaid23
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Its because hes dripping urine after he pees- hence y men shake it wen they r done. Teaching to waiwait a sec after hes done and wiping with toilet paper will help. Put desitin on it or baby powder to help wit the excess moisture till he learns to shake it lol
CampClan
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Quoting fairymaid23:

Its because hes dripping urine after he pees- hence y men shake it wen they r done. Teaching to waiwait a sec after hes done and wiping with toilet paper will help. Put desitin on it or baby powder to help wit the excess moisture till he learns to shake it lol

Thanks! I am glad to know this is probably the reason. I am usually in the bathroom with him & I make sure he wipes, but I can't always be (like at daycare or when an older sibling takes him for me). Guess I am just going to have to make sure he understands he needs to do it himself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)