Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Hello im new in here, I need a little help!!!!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM
  • 9 Replies

My 3 yr old baby girl has a fever of 103, 2 1/2 hrs ago i gave her Childrens Nyquil and now i want to give her Advil, will that be ok? 

by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momma4AJ
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM
call her pedi...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelCarter1223
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Nyquil is acetaminophen and Advil is ibuprofen, so yes it's ok. It's only not ok if they were both ibuprofen or both acetaminophen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this
It is safe to give her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PatLB
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Thanks alot, i was afraid to give it to her. I truely appricate your help 

AnGLInterrupted
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM

If she's running 103 and the acetaminophen didn't help after 2.5 hours..  I would be calling her doctor or taking her to the ER before giving her anything else.  Acetaminophen should bust up that fever pretty quick and the fact that it didn't, bothers me.

JenaSmith
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
i would just go ahead and take her cause she could be sick with something. Are there any other symptons bedsides fever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homextownxgirl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Take her to the hospital. She can have seagers ( sorry cant spell very good) my brother waited and we almost lost his son... A high fevor can kill... Harsh i know just dont want to see no one else go through what we did with him... I hope she feels better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wendsdy
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Don't worry about a 103.2 temp. Really. No reason to rush off to the hospital. Put her in a luke warm bath. Not cold, it will put them into shock. Don't put too hot or it will raise the temp. Luke warm is perfect and brings the temp down fast until meds kick in. That is what we do.  My daughter had 1 103 temp all last week. We rotated tylenol and advil. She will be fine. Seizures do happen but not usually at 103.  I get this advice from my friend who is a nurse. Lots of popsicles and juice, milk and water.  I've never tried nyquil but we have always rotated Advil and Tylenol and it works great. Advil is every 6-8 hours and Tylenol is 4 hours. So you would do Tylenol lets say at noon and by 4:00pm you can do advil and then 10-midnight advil...if that makes sense. It works well especially if you can plan the advil for the time they are sleeping so they are comfortable. Good Luck. I know its hard when they are sick. Just keep taking her temp.  There was one time when my daughter was sick and meds were not working, I swear the kid took 5 luke warm baths a day. It was the miracle cure. She was miserable and I put her in the bath and she was my little girl again playing in the water.  Good Luck!

.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

i would call the doctor. they would know best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN