Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My son been throwing up lately.

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
Past 2wks my 4yr old has been throwing up but like total 4xs. He has also been going to sit on the toilet allot. He has 1bm a day sometimes 2. It has just now clicked with me something is going on. I have asked if his tummy is hurting but he says no and is playing normal. I will be calling his dr to set up a app tomorrow but just wondering if anyone knows what may be going on. He is not running fever and always been heathly. I noticed he is eating more at night and not so much in the day. Tia
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
erinsmom1964
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I would try some probiotics.  Culturelle for kids is what we use.  can't hurt and it could sort it all out.

JenaSmith
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM
thanks i will try that. I been thinking about it actually

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I would try some probiotics.  Culturelle for kids is what we use.  can't hurt and it could sort it all out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM

welcome hope it helps I know it did my DD when she had similar issues. 

Quoting JenaSmith:

thanks i will try that. I been thinking about it actually

Quoting erinsmom1964:

.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM

i'm not sure. hope the doctor can give you some answers

hwifeandmom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM

If your son isn't fully emptying his bowels when he has bm, then his overfull bowels are probably what is making him sit on the toilet a lot, making him vomit and affecting his appetite.  When the doctor feels/examines your son's belly, if they don't feel any stool, ask them to order an abdominal x-ray to be sure.  Many times the external exam is not an accurate indicator.  It has almost always been wrong with my kids.  

If you suspect bowel trouble, it won't hurt you to give your son a laxative before seeing the doctor.  You could try a pediatric enema for faster results. When my daughter's bowels were badly overfull, she'd vomit before a bm and again after a bm.

There are two basic types of laxatives:  stimulant and non-stimulant.  Stimulant laxatives force bowel contractions to semi-quickly eliminate stool.  These are good for emptying overfull bowels.  They are often senna-based products (such as Senekot and Ex-lax), though there are other types as well.  Stimulant laxatives are habit-forming (the body can become dependent on them), so they are for occasional us only.  NON-stimulant laxatives are stool-softening laxatives which help hold water in the stool, to prevent it from getting as dry, hard, and difficult to eliminate.  They are slower acting.  They are not habit-forming (the body does not become dependent on them), so they are safe for long-term, daily use.   Some good ones are Miralax, Benefiber, Fiber Choice, Milk of Magnesia, and Metamucil's new BLUE bottle of "Clear and Natural" with Inulin.

If your son has bowel troubles, the doctor will probably recommend you first use a stimulant laxative to empty your son's bowels, then begin a daily regimen of a stool-softening laxative to help his bowels re-regulate.

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN