Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

high maintance child

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:37 AM
  • 133 Replies
My dd loves heels makeup and all girly things. I seen the tv show toddlers and tiaras and its horrible how they act very high maintanced.
Do u think its right to let kid makeup n stuff.?

My neice who is also 3 has those fake press on nails and my daughter wanted some omg what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinsmom1964
by Carrie on May. 7, 2012 at 2:40 AM
12 moms liked this

Its not for my family.  I want my DD to first focus on whats really important...WHO she is not what she looks like.  Our society is so look focused and obsessed why set them up even earlier to judging themselves and others on fakeness?  

Randomly_me_LC
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:12 AM
Thank you are absolutly right thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM
4 moms liked this

I dont agree with it.  My girls will be girls.  Little girls until they are grown up.  There is PLENTY of time for makeup and press on nails when they are older.  Right now I dont want to make them look any older than they should.  

NCmommie1012
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this
We don't allow it. I think it gives l little girls the wrong impression. It makes them grow up too quick IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM

my 2 yr old likes jewelry......

LucyHarper
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM
11 moms liked this

Play makeup during dressup time, okay, walking around with a facefull of it, that I don't like. Just keep the grown up stuff to dressup time until shes older.

momtoBrenna
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM
We don't let dd wear heavy makeup. She does occassionally wear lip gloss that she got for her birthday from a friend but it's more glossy than any particular color. I do have to go out and buy her some makeup next month though. It is for her dance recital though and that will be the only times that she gets to wear it is on stage for dance or theater.
robibuni
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM
5 moms liked this
DD1 (3) likes makeup because she sees me putting it on. She wants to be like mommy. She has plastic high heels but doesn't ever wear them, but she does LOVE to paint her toes. It doesn't bother me overall because she's only mimicing me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey,

Oh, girls are going to get into those things.  Its harmless as long as you don't put the sass in it LOL.  I know what you mean, those toddlers on there are hellians!  I can see how you'd be afraid.  I'd keep the makeup at home for play (not for public use).  But as long as you don't associate the sassiness with the makeup, it shouldn't make a difference :).

Good luck!

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM

My daughter is only 4. I get a little weirded out by that stuff because of the whole Toddlers and Tiaras thing and the emphasize on looks. My daughter does see my makeup and wanted to use it one day.  She had asked me before why I use it and I told her it helps my eyes look better. She wanted to use it. I just told her how lucky she is to be beautiful the way she is and doesn't need makeup.  There is plenty of time for stuff like that. I just want her to be confident and not even think about that stuff until later  on...when I can't control it  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)