Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

cartoons these days

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:30 AM
  • 17 Replies
My dd and I were watching tv and i put some cartoons on not payin attention to what kind it was then went to wash dishes my dd came running and said toons say bad word i looked and it was some weird cartoon ,called adventure time. Idk what these ppl think when they re like yea this be okay for kids. It aint like tom and jerry or old disney movies. But i found a great channel called sprout its great for my dd we get online and play games ans color thing n send them into the website and it might b shown on tv.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hisservent
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I only let my kids watch PBS, Sprout, Disney Jr, and Nick Jr. There's also a channel called Smile of a Child which is a Christian station that plays Bible cartoons and a few other things. Some cartoons nowadays are awful. I HATE spongebob and Phineas and Ferb. There are a few select shows that I'll let my  5 yr old watch on Nick.  but once those 2 come on, I change it. I'd rather my children watch educational or edifying tv than that crap. I don't want them watching shows that are suppose to be for kids but use words or phrases such as "shut up" "stupid" "moron" "idiot" "son of a" and so forth. That's not programing for kids. 

pregnant

Gweneveer
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Not all cartoons are for kids.  You should always make sure its a "kids" show before you let them watch it.  I also recomment pbs sprout, nick jr and disney.  At least those channels are clean!

mommyof11050307
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM
I always look at what they are watching. PBS nick jr Disney jr certain things on cartoon network and the hub.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
berlgirl1224
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Adventure time is a great cartoon. Either for older kids or for kids who have been raised like ours, in a family where people have potty mouths (not the kids), and jokes have innuendos. People just have different senses of humor. My kids never wanted to watch sesame street or barney when they were little (thankfully lol). Everyone is different. And by the waay, they don't say bad words. Just things like, "what the flip!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I've never heard of that show, but I can't believe they would use bad words. Wow!

ele2837
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I stick to sprout and PBS.
singlemom1208
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Ds loves nick and Disney jr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Drgndame
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM
My 11 and 13 yr old watch that its for older kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Drgndame
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Oh and sprout is a great channel. But dish does not offer it : (
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Drgndame
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Oh and sprout is a great channel. But dish does not offer it : (
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN