Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Is my 3 yr old the only one in pull ups?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM
  • 22 Replies

My daughter is 3 and is pretty much potty trained, but sleeps in a pull up at night. She's been wearing a pull up at night for a few months. When she wakes up in the morning, she's dry most of the time... Should I keep her in them for a little longer, or no??

by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I wish my DD was as far along as yours! She's 3 1/2 and still needs a pull-up all the time... But she's autistic, and the "average" age for ASD kids to potty-train is 4-5 (from what I'm told. We're still pretty new to this).

PEEK05
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I would at least try the panties for about a week and see what happens.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM

My son potty trained at 3 1/2 and was out of pull ups at his 4th birthday.  You can try underwear at night if she's dry more often then wet but keep in mind that you cannot night train a child.  She is either physically capable of holding it and/or waking up or she's not.  Some kids can day train at 2 and not be ready for nights until Kindergarten.  It's just personal to the child.  No harm in giving it a shot and if you get sick of changing sheets, go back to pull ups.  We waited until my son had gone 2 weeks dry every single night and then took them away.  Good luck and try not to compare your DD to other kids.  Like I said, night "training" is all individual and what one child can do, another cannot and there's no worries with that.

jjandmilly
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM
My son is 3 and still needs a pull up at night, during the day he wears his underwear but if we go to the store I put him in a pullups just for extra security. That being said , he still can't poop in the potty. He sneaks on his room puts on a pullup and poops in it then tells me. Lol. It is funny but frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:48 PM
My son is 3 and fully potty train. I did pull ups at night before like 6 mts ago but once he went dry for 2 wks he went to undies 24/7
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Our 4 yr old still wears good nights at night. Sometimes he wakes up dry, sometimes not. I don't stress about it, not anything to worry about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM

same here.  dd has been potty trained since she was 2 and still wears a pullup at night.  i asked my sister when they don't need it anymore and she told me that when the kids are consistently dry for about 2wks straight, you can do away with the pull up.  her dd hit that milestone when she was about 4.

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

echojnicki
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM

You can give it a try.  My three year old doesn't wear pull ups to sleep, but I put her on the potty before bed, and then I pick her up and put her on the potty again at 11 before I go to bed (she sleeps through this...)

It's true that you can't night train them though.  My older daughter wore pull ups to bed till she was 5 and a half,  but my now three year old, had no problem staying dry through the night from 2 on.  Each child is diffferent.  Good luck!

Gweneveer
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I vote no.  

I am anti pull ups though.  I truly believe they impede the learning process.  I would try a few nights without them and see how she does!  Even if she wets the bed, at least she realizes what will happen if she is wearing underwear.  Good luck!

amandaxshawn08
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM
My husbands dd wasnt fully potty trained til she was 4!
She will be 6 in Aug and still wears one to bed and goes to sleep with a cuppy...

And everyone wonders why she acts like a baby...
She even still sucks her thumb!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN