Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My 2 year old has turned into a stripper!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi, I am new to this group but I need some advice. I have a DD who turned 2 at the end of March. We have a slight  problem and I am not sure how to address it. When we put DD to bed at night if she doesn't fall asleep immediately she strips down and takes EVERYTHING off...diaper included. Last night she did this twice! She will let us put her diaper and clothes back on her and then she will tell us nite nite and go back to her room and try to get back in bed...but again, if she doesn't fall asleep she will take everything off again. This morning I heard that she was up so I go in to her room and after she woke up this morning she once again stripped down to nothing. My MIL says it is a stage and I am okay with that but how do we get her to keep her clothes on? She will occassionally do the same thing during nap time and even ust running around the house she might take her shirt or pants off! It is funny but a little frustrating! lol

by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Artistwantobe
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM
One of my daughters used to strip outside in the yard! They do grow out of it.
mc3197433
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM
My 2yr old likes to take his pants off. I call him my future Chippendale lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Do you have any footed sleepers?

If so, cut off the feet, and put the sleeper on backwards.  The zipper will be in the back and she will NOT get out of it!  Good luck!

PEEK05
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Hi, welcome to the group. :)

It's just a stage that needs to pass unfortunately.

flowerfunleah
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Lol I wish I could help you, we're having the same problem here with our 1  year old. We co-sleep so she keeps her clothes on during the night but she will do all she can to take 'em off during the day!

Welcome to the group!

AJ05
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

The footed sleepers is a clever idea!
I have a cousin who would randomly strip & start running all around the house naked when she was 2-3yr old. She grew out of it on her own.

Quoting Gweneveer:

Do you have any footed sleepers?

If so, cut off the feet, and put the sleeper on backwards.  The zipper will be in the back and she will NOT get out of it!  Good luck!

SharonHernandez
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Welcome to the group! I'm Sharon and I have a 3 year old daughter. I think she'll grow out of that stage soon.

corrinacs
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM

In her own bedroom...I say "who cares?".  She likes to be nude and somechildren LOVE it :).  Its a phase they eventually grow uot of.

I have a feeling my little baby son is going to be a stipper too!  He's 6 months old now, and when I take his clothes off, he goes into giggle-fest!

bellasmom32510
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Quoting corrinacs:

In her own bedroom...I say "who cares?".  She likes to be nude and somechildren LOVE it :).  Its a phase they eventually grow uot of.

I have a feeling my little baby son is going to be a stipper too!  He's 6 months old now, and when I take his clothes off, he goes into giggle-fest!

I wouldn't care if she left her diaper on but she doesn't. She isn't potty trained yet so it is a concern. We have tried to get her potty trained but she hasn't taken to it yet. She also strips around the house...not all the time though lol. Thanks for the warm welcome's

corrinacs
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Duct tape. Its not inhumane.

Quoting bellasmom32510:

Quoting corrinacs:

I wouldn't care if she left her diaper on but she doesn't. She isn't potty trained yet so it is a concern. We have tried to get her potty trained but she hasn't taken to it yet. She also strips around the house...not all the time though lol. Thanks for the warm welcome's

So proud of all I have....My big boy Caden and my little Leo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)