Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

With your LOs, was their birth easy or were there complications?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM
  • 82 Replies

My daughter's birth was neither easy nor were there any TRUE complications. However, I hated it. It was a 36 hour long labor all in my back and we had other small issues that created a bad aftermath. The healing sucked and it was not something I ever wanted to experience again.

I chose a c-section with my second and it was super easy! I loved it. The healing was much easier. I do not regret my decision at all. There were no complications with the surgery, my son, or me. :)

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Both werr ok. No complications. Ds1 was 12 hours with pitocin and epidural. Felt nothing after the epi. Ds2 was 5 hours with pitocin and epidural.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbysmommy429
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I was induced both times, because of hypertension. Both went very well and there were no complications, thankfully. They had to watch me closely, because of my blood pressure, but I was blessed both times with a quick delivery and 2 healthy babies.

OBImomma
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I had 2 c sections. No complications. My dd was 10 weeks early but everything went fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM

My son--had pregnancy induced hypertension, water broke naturally, pitocin and epi, 12 hours labor, 45 minutes pushing, easy recovery, no complications. 

My daughter--had pre-e, induced because of it, no pitocin, no epi, 8 hours labor, less than 5 minutes pushing, easy recovery, no complications. 

Mommynwife26
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM
With my first it was grueling. I was induced and my body was no where ready to give birth. Since I didn't have had periods for 3mths before I got pregnant I couldn't go off my lmp and I think they were wrong on my due date :/ I was in labor was 28hrs, pushed for 3. Ended up with needing help using a vacuum and I ended up with a 3 degree tear. With my 2nd it was soooooo much easier. I labored for about 3 days the 4th I finally went to the hospital, it took 12hrs for me to get from 4-10cm but it was easy and pretty painless till I hit 7cm and then I had tons of pressure and pain. I had a strong feeling of wanting to push and couldn't. But then I could and I pushed her out in 2 pushes. No tearing, no help, no drugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rissarin
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM
It was easy to me, but my blood pressure was through the roof the entire time I was in labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM

DD was 16 1/2 hours and mostly easy. DS was 4 hours and absolutely horrible. He was facing down and the whole labor was in my back. The doctor stayed with me for 3 hours coaching me through it. I couldn't breathe so his heart rate kept dropping and they were having to give him more fluid. My cervix never thinned the whole way out, so I had to push him through it. Apparently they really thought we were going to lose him. I so thankful I was able to push through and he was a very happy and healthy boy!

PEEK05
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Most babies are born facing down. Do you mean facing up? That is how my daughter was born also. That's why the labor was all in my back.

Quoting aimhawk:

DD was 16 1/2 hours and mostly easy. DS was 4 hours and absolutely horrible. He was facing down and the whole labor was in my back. The doctor stayed with me for 3 hours coaching me through it. I couldn't breathe so his heart rate kept dropping and they were having to give him more fluid. My cervix never thinned the whole way out, so I had to push him through it. Apparently they really thought we were going to lose him. I so thankful I was able to push through and he was a very happy and healthy boy!

robibuni
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Both DDs were c-sections and luckily, there were NO complications.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Yes, sorry, facing up. Back labor is the worst thing I have ever experienced. DH said after this past labor with DS that he doesn't want anymore kids, because he wasn't going through that again. It took me a lot longer to heal and even though he will be 15 weeks this Thursday I still hurt sometimes.

Quoting PEEK05:

Most babies are born facing down. Do you mean facing up? That is how my daughter was born also. That's why the labor was all in my back.

Quoting aimhawk:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)