Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Anybody Else's Kid Annoying?

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM
  • 26 Replies

I Love my Daughter with all my heart. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy spending time with her. But lately, she has been SO ANNOYING! She has recently turned 3-1/2. And at night when DH is home, all she wants to do is just and yell and run around and pull on clothes and just be...irritating. And when you get down on her level to talk to her and tell her what she is doing wrong, SHE GIGGLES!!! Urg. Anybody else experiencing this? Will it end? Any advice on what I can do, aside from whippingh her and screaming every 20 seconds?

by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Twix.Leigh
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM
My son is like this, just 2 1/2. We think it has to do with the baby being so close to being born, but it is very frustrating indeed!! He has stopped using his manners, started whining non stop, pulls on my clothes, and many other things. I get easily flustered (being 9 months preg) and aggitated. No ideas for you though, besides repitition and constant reminders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyJDTJ
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM
My ds1 went through that at 3.5 and now again at almost 5. Just be consistant and don't allow her to be disrespectful or do anything she shouldn't or she will continue and it'll be harder to break as she gets older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlzcmjzajz
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
OMG yes! My son is 4 & I think he's just trying to get more attention since his baby sister was born 3 months ago, & he gets SO irritating! He doesn't listen, constantly does whatever he wants; gets attitude with me; & the most annoying thing: he wants me to pretend to make things "talk" so he can have conversations with them ALL THE TIME... I love him so much & I do it so he doesn't feel left out, but I really get tired of pretending to be the dog or his pillow constantly lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zolanmel
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Yes times two...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Uh...DS is 4.5, and he still drives me nuts.  Its actually worse now.  The second he turned four he also got this horrible attitude where not only is he constantly talking and making a god awful screeching racket, he also screams (like literally blood curdling banshee screams) at me when i ask him to do something he doesnt want to/send him to time out/make him eat/get in the car/ put his shoes on/ give his sister her toys back and on and on....

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 12:40 AM

My daughter is doing that right this second. She is 4 1/2 and running around like crazy and yelling.  She also talks NON STOP. I just keep remembering how much I'm going to miss this when she is in kindergarten this fall and gone all day :(

MommyMays
by on May. 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM

lol I am glad to know I am not alone. She also makes me have her toys talk. I guess I am just not any good at that. Or she wants to pretend she is Caliou. That show is SO ANNOYING! I have to call her Caliou. I have to pretend I am the Mom. And we have to act out the shows! Arg! I Love Her, and I do it because I remember being a kid and wanting to be around my parents. But it just isn't my favorite...

beco8627
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM
My boys are 2 and 4. My 2 yr old is rude as hell with his screaming, hitting, swipping things, just plain rude! My 4 yr old talks non stop, yells, moves non stop, interrupts, and just tries to get constant attention. My kids are super annoying!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM

my 2 and a half yr old does this she would fight me for hours cause she didnt wanna go to bed that and the endlesss play with me demands shes mostly nonverbal so she takes our hand and pulls us where she wants us i have next to no time to clean and stuff

mariesmama
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Quoting Wendsdy:

My daughter is doing that right this second. She is 4 1/2 and running around like crazy and yelling.  She also talks NON STOP. I just keep remembering how much I'm going to miss this when she is in kindergarten this fall and gone all day :(

those of you whose kids talk nonstop try the reverse my almost 3 yr old cannot even tell me what she needs i usually guess wrong

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)