Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Do your LOs pick out their own clothes when getting dressed for the day?

Posted by   + Show Post

My 3 year old sometimes does.

by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
whatmynameagain
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM
My son is a typical guy he'll wear anything he finds on the floor or in a drawer.
My daughter likes to dress herself, she rarely has on two shoes that match or is without her beloved straw hat with a pink flower on it:)
The baby wears what I pick out and I milk it fir all I can while she still let's ne- bring in the bows and booties!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddhb2007
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM

My daughter is 5, but she's been picking out her own clothes since she was two.  Yes, she has a unique sense of style, and there have been a few times I've shaken my head.  However, when asked, there's a method to her reasoning about why two things "go together".  I figure the kids in elementary school will take care of teaching her the "proper" way to match her clothes.  She'll only have a few carefree years of being immune to other children's comments, and I want her to enjoy this freedom now even if it means I'm mildly embarrassed once in a while.

2and2onway
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Yes, all but my 12 yr old (he is autistic and I have to pick out his clothes or he would wear non weather appropriate clothing).

LML1
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:06 PM

My daughter doesn't care what she wears...

kmommy8709
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM
I took na parenti ng class called love and logic and they taught us to give your child w choices that you can live with and let them choose between those so your giving them choices and ultimatly they are picking the outfit or juice or movie or whatever it works great with my three yr old!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
simplysarahd
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Zach doesn't care. He is happy with whatever I pick out. To him, clothes are a pain...he would rather run naked if I allowed it!

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Nope, my son has no interest what so ever in picking out his clothes. And the ones in his dresser he usually tosses them around his room so I usually leave his clothes hung/folded in the laundry room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Kind of? I'll give my 3-year-old the choice between 2 pairs of pants, and then allow her to choose between 2 shirts (depending which pair of pants she picks, lol). That way she still gets to learn decision-making, and I don't send a mismatched mess off to preschool. :)

arthistmom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:28 PM
The six-year-old doesn't care, while the three-year-old will voice his opinion about my selection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amielol
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM
I ask my son from time to time which shirt he wants but he never gives me a preference
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN