Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question About Double Birthday Party

Posted by   + Show Post

My 4 yo dd was invited to a classmates 4th bday. the party is going to be a "double" party, it's a party for DD's friend (whos turing 4) and her friends sister (who is turning 6) we don't know the siste~we only know dd's friend thru school & said friend did come to dd's party ~ so we are going to the party....my question is, do I buy a gift for both girls or just the girl that dd "associates" with? What would you do?

by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Replies (21-22):
crimsonangel180
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM
I have twins and right now they both get gifts but they are 3 and know the same kids when they are in school I wont expect or encourage the guests to get both gifts.

Also you said that the friend was at dds bday party (which means the girl was included in the gift your dd got) in that case I would get her a gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cheezit47
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM

"Please come to sister1 & sister2's 4th and 6th birthday party!"

Quoting tipstermom:

How was the invitation done?  My daughter was invited to one where it was a brother and a sister, but we didn't even know that until we got there since each child sent their own invites and didn't indicate it was their sibling's party too.  If the invite did state both kids, I would do a little something for the other child (from the dollar bin or something) to avoid awkwardness.  I know times are tight for everyone, but I, personally, would feel better if I spent $2 or $3 and acknowledged the other child since it was written on the invite. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)