Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

2 yr old gave me a heart attack this morning!

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:04 PM
  • 53 Replies

She has been so good at keeping herself entertained while I take quick showers w/ the door open. Today... I just got out of the shower and she came in and said, it's so sticky and wet. It looked like water down her shirt. Then she started gagging and threw up! All I could do it use the towel I was drying off with and try to catch the vomit (sorry) as it was coming up. Immediately took her to the bath tub, stripped her clothes off, gave her a bath and her tooth brush. After I got her dressed and cleaned up. I investigated and found a bottle of HAND SANITIZER on the couch! I freaked out! She must used it and licked her hand. I called poison control... They said she would be fine and to feed her and give her lots of liquids. Has anyone had to call poison control before? I feel so horrible : (

by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2and2onway
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Wow, kids will eat the most disgusting things, hope she feels better soon.

Mommytorn
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM
My daughter drank hand sanitizer once as well after she threw up she drank a lot of water and was fine :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmommy8709
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Poor kido I have had to call poison control once before I got my own apartment I was living at my moms well my mom was bleaching the sippy cup spout inserts in a sippy cup filled with bleach water well I was cleaning out the fridge and o had my back turned and when I turned around she was sipping out of the cup! Omg I was so scared but she's fine now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmommy8709
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:34 PM
My daughter never threw up she just went on with her day like it was nothing but her toung burned :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gracey10
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I had to call Poison Control when my LO was sucking on the bottle of cleaner she got when she had her ears pierced.  I was changing her diaper (she was about 8 mths old) and knew she was playing with it, but she was busy so I just let her be while I changed her diaper.  Didn't know the twist cap was open, and when she was drinking it!!  They were wonderful and told me she would be fine, but I felt AWFUL!!!!

blakesmommy123
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I had to call poison control, bc my grandpa was putting oil in our car and my son was outside and grabbed the oil and dumped it down the front of him & some got in his mouth. But I gave him TONS of water & he was fine thank god
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM
My kid is a trouble maker. I've called several times. He has eaten several things. Twice he's earned ER visits. Thank God he's past that stage. (YES, we kept things up and away.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Yep. DS had been scratched by the cat. I had an antiseptic/pain relief cream and was putting it on the cut. DD snuck up on me and. Grabbed the tube from my hand and immediately began to suck on it. PC sent us to the ER but luckily she got so little that it was fine. She just had a numb tongue for a bit lol. It happens to us all at least once!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenaSmith
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM
havent had to call them so far but there has been close calls. Our kids keep us going and possibly early grey hair lol glad she is ok though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ciao_bella
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Oh how scary!!!! I've had a few close calls.... Worst feeling ever :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN