Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

2 yr old gave me a heart attack this morning!

Posted by   + Show Post

She has been so good at keeping herself entertained while I take quick showers w/ the door open. Today... I just got out of the shower and she came in and said, it's so sticky and wet. It looked like water down her shirt. Then she started gagging and threw up! All I could do it use the towel I was drying off with and try to catch the vomit (sorry) as it was coming up. Immediately took her to the bath tub, stripped her clothes off, gave her a bath and her tooth brush. After I got her dressed and cleaned up. I investigated and found a bottle of HAND SANITIZER on the couch! I freaked out! She must used it and licked her hand. I called poison control... They said she would be fine and to feed her and give her lots of liquids. Has anyone had to call poison control before? I feel so horrible : (

by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (51-53):
sara_3388
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 9:19 PM
I've had to call a couple of times. Scary! I felt so bad. It was stuff I never thought aabout having to put up away from them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 9:31 PM
My youngest seems to like eating lotions. Hes eaten desitin, lubriderm, and benedryl. Yeah, he's a trouble maker
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherokeegoddess
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM

i used to work in a daycare and the little boy had to go potty, so i took him and waited outside the door after he was done i kept on hearing slurping noises. he was trying to drink the water out of the toilet. they had just cleaned the bathrooms and left the toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet. i freaked out and screamed for my boss we had to call poison control. they said that he would have had to drink  at least 1/2 the bottle before it would affect him. sorry when i clean the toilets i always flush so stuff like that never happens. the boss was like well its no big deal he's ok. i went off and said yeah it was a big deal and that it could have been much worse. i never let the kids go to the potty with the door closed. i'll stand outside and keep it cracked for their privacy but i do check on them to make sure that they aren't getting into anything that they shouldnt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN