Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

POTTY TRAINED!!!

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:21 PM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: How has potty training gone for you? Or how did it go?

Options:

Easy don't know what all the fuss is about.

I HATE it!! Will this kid ever PT?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

We started potty training my 2(will be 3 in July)yr old DD about a month ago, well really potty training hardcore lol, we have been doing it since she turned 2, but I kinda would let her go in the potty when she wanted to at first & let her go at her own pace. I didn't to push her & then make her not want to do it at all. Any way, we started really doing it & I put her in big girl undies all day  & did the every 30minute "do you need to go potty?" "lets go sit on the potty." pain in the ass but it worked, we had maybe 2 accidents a day, & not everyday, & I think we only had 1 or 2 poopoo accidents the whole time. Took less then 2wks to have her trained, but I was still putting diapers on at night just in case, cus I really don't wanna wash a bunch of blankets everyday( I already have to do that with my 5yr old poor baby has night terrors & wets sometimes) Well the past 2 nights she has not worn a diaper because she just DOES NOT!! want to. & she has not pee'ed the bed AT ALL!! Im so proud of her!!! She is such a big girl!!! Hopefully my next 2 will be just as easy to train. My son was easy to train, he was rained within 2 wks at 2yrs old, my 5yr old took a while to train. So I really hope I can just have it easy the rest of the time lol. How has potty training gone for you?

by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I trained my son at 3 1/2 and it was a breeze.  Poop trained in about 6 days and fully pee trained in a month or so.  No stress involved for either of us.

I've only been at it for about 2 weeks with my 2yr 9month old and so far it's a breeze.  She still has some accidents but is doing incredible.  Again, no stress involved on anyone and it's just fun and games pee'ing and pooping on the potty!!!

MommyFlood
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:26 PM
DD potty trained at 23 months, it was a breeze.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alejandra10
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
My son potty trained himself out of the nowhere lol at age 2 and a half he was butt naked in the washroom while I was putting the water for his nap and out of no where his like mommy mommy I need to pee. (he had always seen daddy pee) me knowing it would take so much longer to put a diaper on him I just said pee on the potty I was almost sure he would just pee on the floor. I turn and my baby is peeing on the big potty he loved the bubbles it made so ever since he has peed on the potty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Dd pretty much trained herself it seemed by the time she was 20 months for day and by 3 for night. Ds, on the other hand was night trained at 3.5 and day trained just a couple of months ago and he will be 4 July 6th.
extremelibrary
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM

My oldest was potty trained at 4. My younger son is still potty training at 5 1/2(special needs)

Gweneveer
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:35 AM

My oldest was fully trained in less than two weeks at 26 months.  

I havent started my 21 mos old yet, but I have a feeling its not going to go as smoothly....

2and2onway
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I never had any problems. All 4 of mine trained before 3 yr old.

mypbandj
by Jen on May. 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM
I had a frustrating time with my first. Mostly it was my fault. He took a long time (had special needs) but I was impatient and my expectations were too high.

My middle child did it all on her own. I had learned to let go and let her take full control. She was 100% day & night trained by 25 months.

I believe that for parents that decided they want their child trained and therefore start very early, Thinking its just something you can make your child do, rather than something that have to be physically & emotionally ready for, are in for a rude awakening.

My now almost 2 yr old will PT himself. I'm not doing it. He has a potty and we talk about it. He likes it a lot and sits on it and tells us when he has to pee. But he hasn't actually peed on the potty yet. But I have no doubt, one day he will. In his own time. For now he just asks me to take his diaper off so he can sit. And of course I let him. But I don't make him. He's doing this all on his own.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Love
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Dd1 would not potty train until she went to school (she has cp & was in special needs class so they were able to help with it) she was 4.5 before she was trained. Dd2 was 2.5 & trained herself by watching Dd1 & wanting to be like her. About 1.5 months ago I ran out of diapers for Ds (will be 3 in July) i looked at him & told him it was time to be a big boy and use the potty... He hasnt had a diaper since and has had 1accident total. My dhs gma had a fit cuz she is convinced he isn't trained cuz "no baby can train before 4.5" and she was watching him for about 9 hrs 1 day, I told Dd2 make sure bubby goes potty when we got back dhs gma was like "holy crap how did u do it" problem now is Ds now wants to be naked 24/7 wish I could get him to keep clothes on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lambdarose
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I started it when she was 15 months old and she would sit down on the potty when i went ect. then she was progressing very nicely and actually would say she needed to do it before she did it but at that time we really didn;t believ her so we just let it go. then last summer i started consistently in the morning and after swimming and at daycare i switch from pampers to pullups after age 2. then  it just was a struggle for awhile she just would resist alot. would not want to go and hide to poops ect.  but right after 3 it was a cake walk. she started do it on her own. before that i would give her prizes and i even tried the chart but it just was not happening until she was ready. so now i put on big girl panties and she has not had one accident. still pull ups at night but other then that she tells me when she has to go and even when we are out. its a great thing. its been very long process which if i was around more and had more consistency i could of done it sooner but i am happy she did it when she was ready.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)