Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Does this count as consistency?

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:52 PM
  • 11 Replies

My son is almost 13 months old and doesn't say anything.  I mean, he has said mama, dada, and hi before but with no consistency at all, like not even once a week.  Just whenever he felt like it.

However, my son has been saying dada more when my husband is around for the past week or so. He doesn't ever say it around me while my husband is at work and he doesn't say it to anyone else, so I'm assuming he's starting to associate "dada" with his daddy.  However, he doesn't say it ALL of the time.  Usually only when he comes home from work or wakes up in the morning or from naps when dad is home.  Does that still count as consistency? Or does he need to be saying it even more for it to count as a consistent word?

by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Jennifer on May. 31, 2012 at 9:55 PM
hes definately has the concept of dada and who dada is. if hes saying it when dada comes home and when he gets up from naps thats pretty consistant. maybe he feels he doesnt need to say it when dada is gone cuz there is no dada to gets attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofemy
by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I really don't know, but it sounds positive to me.

erinsmom1964
by Carrie on May. 31, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I would think that he says it at appropriate times is more important than how many times he says it.  I would consider it consistent as he is using the word properly.  

babowes
by on May. 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM
13 months is young.....wait a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on May. 31, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I don't want to "wait a while." Development screenings shows that he is in the black (delayed) in almost all areas of development. By August, if he hasn't progressed (not just verbal), then he will be classified as delayed and need intervention.  The only thing he is on track with is problem solving skills. He is in the grey (close to the cutoff) with fine motor. Everything else is in the black.

Quoting babowes:

13 months is young.....wait a while.

NikkiAtkinson
by on May. 31, 2012 at 10:28 PM
I mean all kids progress differently... My 4yr old was closer to 2 when he started talking more.. Now he barely is ever quiet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Seems consistant to me. He has proper usuage down, that's for sure! Which, is great for 13 months!

babygomez
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Agreed.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I would think that he says it at appropriate times is more important than how many times he says it.  I would consider it consistent as he is using the word properly.  

MelCarter1223
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:05 AM
I would say that that's consistent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)